Jammu and Kashmir People's Democratic Party
|Jammu and Kashmir People's Democratic Party|
|Chairperson||Mehbooba Mufti (2003-till present)|
|Headquarters||2, Circuit House, Emporium Lane, Residency Road, Srinagar|
|Student wing||Peoples Democratic Student Union|
|Ideology||Self-rule in Jammu & Kashmir|
|ECI Status||State Party|
|Seats in Lok Sabha|
|Seats in Rajya Sabha|
|Seats in Legislative Assembly|
|Ink-pot & Pen|
|Politics of India
The Jammu and Kashmir People's Democratic Party (PDP) is a state political party in Jammu and Kashmir, India. It was founded in 1999 by the former Union Home Minister, Mufti Mohammed Sayeed, and captured power in the state of Jammu and Kashmir in October 2002 Assembly elections. In 2004 it had one member each in the Lok Sabha and in the Rajya Sabha. It was a member of the ruling United Progressive Alliance until the 2009 elections.
The PDP is headed by Ms Mehbooba Mufti, while Mufti Mohammad Sayeed, who headed the PDP-Indian National Congress Coalition Government between October 2002 and November 2005, is the party's Patron.
The PDP operates on the ideology of self-rule, as distinctly different from the issues of autonomy. It believes that self-rule as a political philosophy, as opposed to autonomy, ensures the empowerment of the people of Jammu and Kashmir, while further engaging in debates over new political territoriality of J&K.
- "JKPDP Srinagar Office". JKPDP.org.
- "PDSU- students’ wing of PDP formulated". Greater Kashmir.
- "Self Rule Framework". JKPDP.org.
- "List of Political Parties and Election Symbols main Notification Dated 18.01.2013". India: Election Commission of India. 2013. Retrieved 9 May 2013.
- "JKPDP History". JKPDP.org.
- "United Progressive Alliance: Partners in governance". Times of India.
- "JKPDP Office Bearers". JKPDP.org.
- "JKPDP Patron". JKPDP.org.
|This article about an Indian political party is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|