Map of Misamis Occidental with Tangub highlighted
|Region||Northern Mindanao (Region X)|
|Congr. district||2nd District of Misamis Occidental|
|Cityhood||June 17, 1967|
|• Mayor||Philip T. Tan (NUP)|
|• Vice Mayor||Edemar S. Alota (NUP)|
|• Total||162.78 km2 (62.85 sq mi)|
|• Density||370/km2 (950/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
The city was formerly called Regidor until 1930 when it was given its current name.
- Aquino (Marcos)
- Santa Maria (Baga)
- Barangay I - City Hall (Pob.)
- Barangay II - Marilou Annex (Pob.)
- Barangay IV - St. Michael (Pob.)
- Isidro D. Tan (Dimalooc)
- Lorenzo Tan
- Barangay VI - Lower Polao (Pob.)
- Barangay V - Malubog (Pob.)
- Barangay III- Market Kalubian (Pob.
- San Antonio
- San Apolinario
- San Vicente
- Santa Cruz
- Santo Niño
- Barangay VII - Upper Polao (Pob.)
|Population census of Tangub|
Tangub, through its Sinanduloy Cultural Troupe, is a regular participant of the Sinulog Festival, a festival held in Cebu City. This festival is the pageantry of sights, sounds and colors as it honors and pays homage to the patron saint of Cebu, Sr. Sto. Niño, the child Jesus. The highlights of the festival is from January 9–18, yearly. Tangub City has won ten grand champion streak in the Sinulog-Based Category of the festival.
Tangub is the Christmas Symbol Capital of the Philippines.
Tangub City has its own festival - Dalit Festival. It is in honor of the city's patron saint, Saint Michael the Archangel. It is celebrated every 29th of September-the feast day of St. Michael. It is participated by the city's baranggays through clusters represented by local schools.
Sister cities of Tangub
- "Official City/Municipal 2013 Election Results". Intramuros, Manila, Philippines: Commission on Elections (COMELEC). 12 May 2014. Retrieved 14 July 2014.
- "Province: MISAMIS OCCIDENTAL". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 14 July 2014.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010" (PDF). 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 10 July 2014.
- History and Heritage, City Government of Tangub, retrieved 2012
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- panoramic view of shore of San Apolinario
- Local Governance Performance Management System
||Don V. Chiongbian||Ozamiz|
|Tambulig, Zamboanga del Sur||Panguil Bay
Lala / Baroy, Lanao del Norte
Tubod, Lanao del Norte