K. Ali Kutty Musliyar
|K. Ali Kutty Musliyar|
1945 (age 72–73)
Thirurkad, Malappuram, Kerala, India
|Education||Post-graduation in Islamic studies (Faizy)|
|Alma mater||Jami'a Nooriya Arabiya|
|Occupation||General Secretary of Samastha Kerala Jamiyyathul Ulama,|
|Known for||command in Islamic jurisprudence, Islamic academician|
|Title||Sheik al-Jamia (شيخ الجامعة)|
|Predecessor||Zainul Ulama Cherussery Zainuddeen Musliyar|
K. Ali Kutty Musliyar, (Arabic: شيخ الجامعة عالي كودي مسليار, Malayalam:പ്രഫ. ആലിക്കുട്ടി മുസ്ലിയാർ) is an Islamic scholar, writer, orator, thinker and spiritual leader from Kerala, South India. He is the General Secretary of Samastha Kerala Jamiyyathul Ulama, the largest Muslim organization in the south Indian state of Kerala. He is the principal of Jamiya Nooriya Arabic college, Pattikad and the Quazi (chief jurist of Islamic affairs) of Kasaragod. He is known for his skills in Islamic jurisprudence and was enrolled as the member of International Fiqh Council, under Muslim World League
He completed his postgraduate degree in 1968.
He was appointed as Khatib (chief orator in Masjid) at 14 and was installed as Quazi (chief jurisprudent) of Tirurkad by 20. After his course in Jamiya Nooriya Pattikad, he served as Meenar Kuzhi Darse. In 1970, he became the general secretary of Samastha Perintalmanna Taluk chapter and in 1976 as Malappuram district joint secretary of Samastha. In 1978, he was elected general secretary of Pattikad Jamiya Nooriya alumni, in 1986 as the member of Mushavara council and in 1991 as the general secretary of SYS. In 1979 he started lecturing in Jamiya Nooriya Pattikad and by 2003 had become principal of the institution.
He was known for his presentation in international seminars such as Hyderabad international seminar (1986), where he presented a paper on ‘Post Modern issues and Islamic jurisprudence’ and Hyderabad national seminar (1989), where he presented a paper on the rearrangement of Arabian-Persian studies. In 1998, he participated in an Arabic language and literature refresher course and presented a paper. He is a member of the All India Muslim Personal Law Board and served as chairman of the Kerala State Hajj Committee from 2003-2006 an
d vice chairman of Haj Committee of India in 2006. He was chief editor of Sunni Afkar, the official magazine of SYS, Al Muallim monthly, Annur Arabic and Muslim Lokam Year Book, published by Data Net based on Tirurkad. In 2012, he was invited by UAE Awqaf as one of the Ramnadan guest of the President Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan
He occupied many positions at various institutions such as general secretary of Vettattoor Anvarul Huda Islamic complex, vice president of Tirurkad Anvarul Huda Islamic complex, president of Ponnani Maunatool Islam Arabic College and president of Vatakara Hujjathul Islam Arabic College. He is vice president of the Sunni Mahell Federation (SMF) as well as the Samastha Kerala Vidyabyasa Board. He was installed as leader of Kasaragod Quazi on October 18, 2013. After the demise of Cherussery Zainuddeen Musliyar, he was elevated as general secretary of Samastha Kerala Jamiyyathul Ulama
|General Secretary of Samastha Kerala Jamiyyathul Ulama||2016 onwards|
|Vice Chairman, Suprabhaatham Daily in Malayalam||2014 onwards|
|Qazi of Kasaragod||2013 onwards|
|Vice President, Samastha Kerala Islamic Educational Board||2009 onwards|
|Chief Editor, Al-Muallim Monthly in Malayalam||2009 onwards|
|Chief Editor, Al-Noor Monthly in Arabic||2009 onwards|
|Member of All India Muslim Personal Law Board||2008 onwards|
|Vice Chairman, Hajj Committee of India||2006-2009|
|President, Hujjathul Islam Islamic Complex, Vatakara, Kerala||2005 onwards|
|Chief Editor, Sunni Afkar Weekly in Malayalam||2005 onwards|
|Vice President, Kerala State Muslim Orphanage Coordination Committee||2004 onwards|
|Principal, Jamia Nooriya Arabiya, Pattikkad, Malappuram, Kerala||2003 onwards|
|Chairman, Hajj Committee of Kerala||2003-2006|
|President, Maunathul Islam Arabic College, Ponnani, Kerala||2000 onwards|
|General Secretary, Anvarul Huda Islamic Complex||Present|
|Member of Islamic Fiqh Council under Muslim World League||Present|
|Controller of Examinations, Coordination of Islamic Colleges (CIC-Wafy), Kerala||Present|
|General Secretary, Sunni Yuvajana Samgham (Sunni Youth Society-SYS)||1992-2016|
|General, Manager, Anvarul Islam Institution, Thiroorkad, Kerala||1970 onwards|
|Khateeb and Qazi of Thirurkad Mahallu,Malappuram, Kerala||1965 onwards|
- "New Khasi for Kasaragod - KERALA". The Hindu. 2013-09-24. Retrieved 2017-03-06.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-02-22. Retrieved 2014-02-05.
- "Faculties – Jamia Nooriya Arabiyya". www.jamianooriya.org. Retrieved 2017-02-21.
- "د . التركي يستقبل شيخ الجامعة النورية بكيرالا، وعضو لجنة القوانين الإسلامية في الهند | رابطة العالم الإسلامي (in English: Dr.Turkey receives the grand shaikh of Jamia Nooriya Arabiya & Member of Muslim Personal Law Board Member)". www.themwl.org. 23 December 2015.
- "General Authority of Islamic Affairs And Endowments - UAE". www.awqaf.ae. Retrieved 2017-02-21.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-10-23. Retrieved 2013-10-22.
- "About Us • Suprabhaatham". suprabhaatham.com. Retrieved 2017-02-21.
- "Editorial Board". annoormagazine.yolasite.com. Retrieved 2017-02-21.
- "Haj Committee re-constituted". www.oneindia.com. 2006-09-21. Retrieved 2017-02-20.
- "Faculties – Jamia Nooriya Arabiyya". www.jamianooriya.org. Retrieved 2017-02-20.
- "رئيس تحرير المجلة". annoormagazine.yolasite.com. Retrieved 2017-02-21.
- "د . التركي يستقبل شيخ الجامعة النورية بكيرالا، وعضو لجنة القوانين الإسلامية في الهند | رابطة العالم الإسلامي". www.themwl.org. Retrieved 2017-02-21.
- "Co-ordination of Islamic Colleges". www.wafycic.com. Retrieved 2017-02-23.