|Method||Education, demonstrations, protest actions and complaints.|
Nieves Camarero, president|
Rubén Pérez, spokesperson
Libera! is a Spanish non profit animal rights organization. To create sensitivity, they especially make education campaigns and of public awareness, complaints and other protest actions. Libera! was founded in 2004 in Barcelona. In their origins they usually made actions at Catalonia until it converts into a national organisation.
One of their campaigns that have achieved a major international media is the campaign Libera a Susi (Spanish: "Free Susi"), which aims at the Barcelona Zoo let the only elephant is still alive there, the African elephant named Susi, which according to Libera! and the British organisation Born Free Foundation suffered severe psychological problems  resulting from loneliness, is moved to an elephant sanctuary, where she could live in better conditions on a near to freedom state and in company of other elephants.
This campaign has received support from the world of culture, as the Nobel Prize for Literature José Saramago, the Queen Sofía  and personalities in the Barcelona municipal politics, as Imma Mayol, among others. Libera! Libera! conducted this campaign with the support of the Fundación Faada and the Born Free Foundation.
Libera! formed also together with Fundación FAADA, Plataforma Rambles Ètiques, which campaigns to ensure that, in compliance with the Animal Protection Act 22/2003 and the Ordinance on the Protection of Animals of the Barcelona City Council will stop selling animals in the traditional bird shops of La Rambla. In various media campaigns, the Plataforma Rambles Ètiques denounced the conditions in which animals live and that are thrown away to garbage the bodies of many animals that die, although the practice is not legally allowed to threaten public health. Otherwise, the shopkeepers has also thrown in the trash even living animals.
Libera! is also, along with the Platform SOS Stop Our Shame and CAS International, coordinator of the Plataforma Galicia Mellor Sen Touradas which aims to abolish bull fighting in Galicia. This campaign has the support of environmental galician organizations as ADEGA or Matar por matar non.
In March 2009, Libera! brought a lawsuit against the former Minister Mariano Fernández Bermejo for the crime of poaching during the respective hunting without license that was made in February of that year with the judge of the Audiencia Nacional, Baltasar Garzón, when Bermejo still was Minister of Justice.
- La Mirada Ética Archived 2011-01-11 at the Wayback Machine. Libera! (in Spanish)
- Asociaciones de defensa de los animales protestan por la matanza de focas en Canadá 13/05/09 20 minutos (in Spanish)
- El zoo de Barcelona se degrada 06/06/2008. La Vanguardia (in Spanish)
- Susi, la elefanta del Zoo de Barcelona sufre depresión debido a que no tiene compañía 04/03/09 20 minutos (in Spanish)
- Lonely elephant 'could die of sadness' 06/02/2009. The Daily Telegraph (in English)
- Aidez Susi, l'éléphant dépressif February 6, 2009 La Presse (in French)
- La regina in campo per l'elefantessa triste May 15, 2009 Corriere della Sera (in Italian)
- 'Quitamos el Parlament o no caben más elefantes' 18/02/2009 El Mundo (in Spanish)
- Saramago se une a la campaña para liberar a Susi, la elefanta enferma del zoo Archived 2009-05-27 at the Wayback Machine. 19/02/2009 ADN (in Spanish)
- Susi Archived 2009-02-27 at the Wayback Machine. Blog de José Saramago (in Spanish)
- La Reina intercede por la elefanta 'Susi' 13/05/2009 El País (in Spanish)
- Mayol aboga por que la elefanta 'Susi' deje el zoo 18/03/2009 El País (in Spanish)
- Salvemos a 'Susi', per Pilar Rahola 15/02/2009. La Vanguardia (in Spanish)
- Un eurodiputado de ICV lleva a Bruselas la situación de la elefanta 'Susi' 28/02/2009. El Mundo (in Spanish)
- Un eurodiputado lleva hasta Bruselas el caso de la elefanta Susi del Zoo de BCN 27/2/2009 El Periódico de Catalunya (in Spanish)
- [tt_news]=302 Free Susi 12/02/2009. Born Free Foundation
- Rambles Etiques - Contacte Archived 2009-05-02 at the Wayback Machine. (in Catalan)
- Una plataforma denuncia que els ocellaires de la Rambla tiren animals a les escombraries[permanent dead link] 26/04/2009 El Periódico de Catalunya (in Catalan)
- Els ocellaires de la Rambla llancen animals a les escombraries 26/04/2009 Diari de Tarragona (in Catalan)
- Galicia Mellor Sen Touradas (in Spanish)
- "Las corridas estivales avivan las protestas del movimiento antitaurino en Pontevedra" (in Spanish). Farodevigo.es. 2009-08-06.
- Parte de nuestros impuestos se dedican a financiar estas prácticas. Cada gallego aporta 42 euros al año a la tauromaquia Archived 2011-07-19 at the Wayback Machine. 21/07/2008. El Progreso (in Spanish)
- Presentan ante el Tribunal Supremo una querella penal contra Bermejo por furtivo 13/05/09 20 minutos (in Spanish)
- Official website (in Spanish)