Jack Norris (activist)
|Born||1967 (age 52–53)|
Ohio, United States
|Education||Cornell College (BA, 1988)|
Life University (BSc, 2000)
Jack Norris (born 1967) is an American dietitian and animal rights activist. He is Executive Director of Vegan Outreach, which he co-founded, in 1993, with Matt Ball. He runs Vegan Outreach's Adopt A College program which began in 2003 and which organizes volunteers to hand out Vegan Outreach brochures on college campuses.
Early life and education
Norris is the author of Vitamin B12: Are You Getting It? and Staying Healthy On Plant-Based Diets.
Honors and awards
Norris is one of several people who provided information used in the writing of the book Striking at the Roots: A Practical Guide to Animal Activism (2008) by Mark Hawthorne.
Norris married vegan chef Alex Bury on September 11, 2008, in front of a KFC restaurant in Toronto, Canada. After the wedding, the guests were served vegan sandwiches that KFC had recently introduced to the public. Norris and Bury live in Davis, California.
- Norris, Jack. Vitamin B12: Are You Getting It? (web-based book). VeganHealth.org.
- Norris, Jack. Staying Healthy On Plant-Based Diets (web-based reference). VeganHealth.org. Archived from the original on 2016-01-25.
- Norris, Jack; Messina, Virginia (2011-07-12). Vegan for Life: Everything You Need to Know to Be Healthy and Fit on a Plant-Based Diet. Da Capo Press. ISBN 978-0738214931.
- Wyrick, Jason (2008). "Interview with Jack Norris, President and Co-founder of Vegan Outreach". The Vegan Culinary Experience. Glendale, Arizona. Archived from the original on 2014-03-17. Retrieved 2014-03-17.
- Norris, Jack (2013-05-09). "White Blood Cells in Vegans". JackNorrisRD.com. Davis, California. Archived from the original on 2014-03-18. Retrieved 2014-03-18.
I went vegan in 1988
- Hartglass, Caryn (2011-08-24). "Interview with Jack Norris and Virginia Messina". It’s All About Food. Forest Hills (New York City): Responsible Eating and Living. Archived from the original on 2014-03-18. Retrieved 2014-03-17.
Jack won VegNews magazine's Columnist of the Year award for 2003 and 2004.
- "U.S. Animal Rights Hall of Fame". Animal Rights National Conference. Farm Animal Rights Movement. Archived from the original on 2014-03-17. Retrieved 2014-03-17.
- Goddard, John (2008-09-12). "Vegans walk aisle with the Colonel". Toronto Star. Archived from the original on 2014-10-31. Retrieved 2014-10-31.
- Cellania, Miss (2010-03-11). "7 Retail Weddings". Mental Floss. Archived from the original on 2014-10-31. Retrieved 2014-10-31.