|Product type||Shopping mall chain|
|Owner||SM Prime Holdings|
|Tagline||We've got it all for you!|
SM Supermalls, owned by SM Prime Holdings, is a chain of shopping malls in the Philippines that has 58 malls located across the country and 6 in China. SM Supermalls has become one of the biggest mall operators in Southeast Asia. Combined, the company has about 8.5 million square meters of gross floor area (GFA). It has 17,333 tenants in the Philippines and 1,478 tenants in China.
The company that operates the malls was started by Henry Sy, Sr. in 1958 as Shoemart, with a store in Manila. In the 1960s Shoemart expanded its shoe store chain. By the 1970s, Shoemart was a full-line department store, shifting its name from Shoemart to SM.
In the 1980s, the company diversified and ventured into the supermarket and home appliance store business. It opened the first "Supermall" store in 1985 in Quezon City called SM City North EDSA.
Currently operating malls
The following is a list of SM shopping malls in the Philippines and their consecutive opening dates. Italics denote planned malls or malls under construction. Gross floor area is based on the latest press release of SM Prime Holdings, and on SM Supermall Mall Profile literature.
|No.||Name||Opening Date||Land area (m²)||Floor area (m²)||Location||Remarks|
|1||SM City North EDSA||8 Nov 1985||161,000||498,000||EDSA cor. North Avenue, Quezon City||Largest solar-powered shopping mall in Southeast Asia and the first in Metro Manila|
|2||SM City Sta. Mesa||28 Sep 1990||30,000||132,965||Ramon Magsaysay Boulevard cor. Araneta Avenue, Brgy. Doña Imelda, Quezon City||Formerly SM Centerpoint|
|3||SM Megamall||28 Jun 1991||105,000||474,000||EDSA cor. Doña Julia Vargas Avenue, Ortigas Center, Mandaluyong||Largest shopping mall in the country and third in the world|
|4||SM City Cebu||27 Nov 1993||128,000||273,804||Juan Luna Avenue cor. Cabahug and Kaoshiung Streets, North Reclamation Area, Cebu City||First SM Mall in the Visayas|
|5||SM Southmall||02 Apr 1995||200,000||204,752||Alabang Zapote Road, Brgy. Pilar Village, Las Piñas||One of the SM Malls with Skating Rink|
|6||SM City Bacoor||25 Jul 1997||88,000||120,202||General Aguinaldo Highway cor. Tirona Highway, Brgy. Habay II, Bacoor, Cavite||First SM Supermall in CALABARZON|
|7||SM City Fairview||25 Oct 1997||202,000||188,681||Quirino Highway cor. Regalado Avenue & Beltfast Avenue, Greater Lagro, Novaliches, Quezon City||Currently ongoing expansion|
|8||SM City Iloilo||22 Jun 1999||170,000||181,657||Sen. Benigno Aquino Jr. Avenue, Jaro West Diversion Road, Mandurriao, Iloilo City||Second SM Mall in the Visayas|
|9||SM City Manila||14 Apr 2000||25,000||167,812||Natividad Almeda-Lopez (formerly called Concepcion) corner A. Villegas (formerly called Arroceros) and San Marcelino Streets, Ermita, Manila|
|10||SM City Pampanga||11 Nov 2000||316,000||131,158||Jose Abad Santos Avenue (formerly Olongapo-Gapan Road), Barangay Lagundi, Mexico, Pampanga and Barangay San Jose, San Fernando, Pampanga||Longest Mall in the Philippines|
|11||SM City Sucat||13 Jul 2001||101,000||96,277||Dr. A. Santos Avenue cor. Carlos P. Garcia Avenue Extension (C-5), Brgy. San Dionisio, Parañaque||Formerly called SM Supercenter Sucat|
|12||SM City Davao||16 Nov 2001||132,000||126,425||Quimpo Boulevard cor. Tulip Drive, Ecoland Subdivision, Brgy. Matina, Davao City||First SM Mall in Mindanao|
|13||SM City Cagayan de Oro||15 Nov 2002||52,000||87,837||Masterson Avenue cor. Gran Via Street, Pueblo de Oro Township, Uptown Carmen, Cagayan de Oro||First SM mall in Northern Mindanao and the second in Mindanao|
|14||SM City Bicutan||29 Nov 2002||39,000||113,214||Doña Soledad Avenue cor. West Service Road (beside Exit 14, Bicutan Exit), Brgy. Don Bosco, Bicutan, Parañaque||Undergoing expansion (85% complete)|
|15||SM City Lucena||03 Oct 2003||80,000||78,655||Maharlika Highway cor. Dalahican Road, Brgy. Ibabang Dupay, Lucena, Quezon|
|16||SM City Baguio||21 Nov 2003||80,000||107,950||Luneta Hill, Upper Session Road cor. Governor Pack Road, Baguio||First SM Supermall in Northern Luzon which does not use an air-conditioning system, currently undergoing expansion. Target for completion 2018.|
|17||SM City Marilao||28 Nov 2003||130,000||93,910||MacArthur Highway, Brgy. Ibayo, Marilao, Bulacan||First mall in Bulacan|
|18||SM City Dasmariñas||21 May 2004||124,000||206,145||Governor's Drive, Brgy. Sampaloc 1, Dasmariñas, Cavite|
|19||SM City Batangas||12 Nov 2004||85,000||80,350||Pastor Village, Brgy. Pallocan Kanluran, Batangas City, Batangas|
|20||SM City San Lazaro||27 May 2005||40,000||181,593||Felix Huertas Street cor. Arsenio H. Lacson Street (C-2 Road), Santa Cruz, Manila|
|21||SM Center Valenzuela||28 Oct 2005||25,000||70,681||MacArthur Highway, Brgy. Karuhatan, Valenzuela|
|22||SM City Molino||18 Nov 2005||48,000||52,061||Paliparan-Molino-Zapote Road cor. Citihomes Subdivision Access Road, Brgy. Molino IV, Bacoor, Cavite|
|23||SM City Sta. Rosa||17 Feb 2006||171,000||116,463||Old National Highway, Brgy. Tagapo, Santa Rosa, Laguna||First SM Supermall in the province of Laguna, new BPO building under construction
(86,463 square meters for the Main building + 30,000 square meters for the BPO)
|24||SM City Clark||12 May 2006||165,000||144,484||Manuel A. Roxas Avenue, Clark Special Economic Zone, Angeles, Pampanga|
|25||SM Mall of Asia||21 May 2006||195,000||406,962||SM Central Business Park, Bay City, Pasay|
|26||SM Center Pasig||19 Aug 2006||21,000||28,829||Eulogio Rodriguez Jr. Avenue (C-5) cor. Doña Julia Vargas Ave., Ugong, Pasig|
|27||SM City Lipa ||22 Sep 2006||103,000||72,045||Ayala Highway, Brgy. Marauoy, Lipa, Batangas|
|28||SM City Bacolod||02 Mar 2007||161,096||171,380||Rizal Street, Reclamation Area, Bacolod, Negros Occidental||Third SM Mall in the Visayas|
|29||SM City Taytay||09 Nov 2007||63,000||98,928||Manila East Road, Brgy. Dolores, Taytay, Rizal|
|30||SM Center Muntinlupa||16 Nov 2007||36,000||57,060||Km. 21, National Road, Brgy. Tunasan, Muntinlupa|
|31||SM City Marikina||05 Sep 2008||59,000||122,878||Riverbanks Center, Marcos Highway, Brgy. Calumpang, Marikina|
|32||SM City Rosales||28 Nov 2008||122,000||63,330||MacArthur Highway, Brgy. Carmen East, Rosales, Pangasinan|
|33||SM City Baliuag||12 Dec 2008||93,000||91,241||Doña Remedios Trinidad (DRT) Highway, Brgy. Pagala, Baliuag, Bulacan|
|34||SM City Naga||01 May 2009||44,000||75,651||Ninoy and Cory Aquino Avenue, Central Business District II, Brgy. Triangulo, Naga, Camarines Sur||Bicol Region's first SM Mall|
|35||SM Center Las Piñas||02 Oct 2009||29,000||39,727||Alabang-Zapote Road, Brgy. Pamplona Dos, Las Piñas||Second SM Mall in Las Piñas after SM Southmall|
|36||SM City Rosario||20 Nov 2009||54,000||60,657||General Trias Drive, Brgy. Tejeros Convention, Rosario, Cavite|
|37||SM City Tarlac||30 Apr 2010||34,000||101,369||MacArthur Highway, Brgy. San Roque, Tarlac City, Tarlac|
|38||SM City San Pablo||01 Oct 2010||69,000||79,164||Maharlika Highway, Riverina Residential and Commercial Estates, Brgy. San Rafael, San Pablo, Laguna||BPO Building to be constructed and to be finished by the 4th quarter of 2017.
(69,968 square meters for the main building + 9,196 square meters for the BPO)
|39||SM City Calamba||15 Oct 2010||55,000||73,632||National Highway, Calamba City Triangle, Brgy. Real, Calamba, Laguna||To undergo expansion |
|40||SM City Novaliches||22 Oct 2010||77,000||60,044||Quirino Highway, Brgy. San Bartolome, Novaliches, Quezon City|
|41||SM City Masinag||6 May 2011||37,000||96,313||Marcos Highway, Brgy. Mayamot, Masinag, Antipolo, Rizal||The First Mall To Name The Department Store "The SM Store"|
|42||SM City Olongapo||10 Feb 2012||10,000||44,975||Magsaysay Drive cor. Gordon Avenue, Olongapo, Zambales|
|43||SM City Consolacion||01 Jun 2012||46,926||103,558||Rizal Avenue (Cebu North Road), Barangay Lamac, Consolacion, Cebu||Fourth SM Mall in the Visayas|
|44||SM City San Fernando||20 Jul 2012||7,835||43,130||V. Tomico Street cor. Consunji Street, Downtown Heritage District, Brgy. Sto. Rosario, San Fernando, Pampanga|
|45||SM City General Santos||10 Aug 2012||80,000||95,764||San Miguel Street cor. Santiago Blvd., General Santos||Third SM Mall in Mindanao and the first in Soccsksargen|
|46||SM Lanang Premier||28 Sep 2012||640,000||144,002||Former Lanang Golf and Country Club, J.P. Laurel Avenue, Lanang District, Davao City||Largest mall in Mindanao|
|47||SM Aura Premier||17 May 2013||125,000||251,094||McKinley Parkway and C5 Road cor. 26th St., Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City|
|48||SM City BF Parañaque||29 Nov 2013||27,000||125,582||Dr. A. Santos Avenue cor. President's Avenue, Teoville Subdivision, Brgy. BF Homes, Parañaque|
|49||SM City Cauayan||30 May 2014||36,622||70,964||National Highway, District II, Cauayan, Isabela||First SM Mall in Cagayan Valley|
|50||SM Center Angono||14 Nov 2014||12,650||41,481||Manila East Road, Brgy. San Isidro, Angono, Rizal|
|51||SM Megacenter Cabanatuan||24 Apr 2015||55,000||49,688||Between Melencio St. and Gen. Tinio St., Brgy. San Roque Norte, Cabanatuan, Nueva Ecija||An acquired shopping mall|
|52||SM City San Mateo||15 May 2015||22,882||80,043||Gen. Luna Avenue, Brgy. Ampid 1, San Mateo, Rizal|
|53||SM City Cabanatuan||09 Oct 2015||140,000||154,020||Km. 112 Maharlika Highway, Brgy. Hermogenes Concepcion, Cabanatuan, Nueva Ecija||Largest mall in North Central Luzon|
|54||SM Center Sangandaan||23 Oct 2015||10,563||38,622||A. Mabini Avenue cor. Samson Road, Sangandaan, Caloocan|
|55||SM Seaside City Cebu||27 Nov 2015||304,100||470,000||South Road Properties, Cebu City||Largest mall outside Metro Manila|
|56||SM City San Jose Del Monte||29 Apr 2016||60,193||101,407||Quirino Highway, San Jose del Monte, Bulacan||Third SM Supermall in Quirino Highway after SM City Fairview and SM City Novaliches|
|57||SM City Trece Martires||13 May 2016||50,000||84,000||Governor's Dr. cor. Capital Rd., Brgy. San Agustin, Trece Martires, Cavite|
|58||SM City East Ortigas||02 Dec 2016 ||TBA||80,000||Ortigas Ave Ext, Brgy. Sta. Lucia, Pasig|
|Name||Opening Date||Land area (m²)||Floor area (m²)||Location|
|SM CDO Downtown Premier||May 12, 2017||28,974 ||152,006  ||Claro M. Recto Avenue cor Osmena Street, Cagayan de Oro|
|SM Center Tuguegarao Downtown||September 2017||16,181||36,966||Luna St. cor. Mabini St., Tuguegarao City, Cagayan|
|SM City Puerto Princesa||2017||58,168||73,463||Malvar St. cor. Lacao St., Puerto Princesa, Palawan|
|SM Center Lemery||2018||48,552||23,820||Ilustre Ave., Brgy. Poblacion, Lemery, Batangas|
|SM Mindpro Citimall||2018||TBA||TBA||La Purisima Street, Zamboanga City|
|SM Center Ormoc||2018||15,782||29,962 ||Real St., Ormoc, Leyte|
|SM City Urdaneta||2018||38,808||32,882||Brgy. Dilan-Paurido, Urdaneta, Pangasinan|
|SM Center Dagupan||2018||17,079||47,373||Old Pantranco Terminal M.H. Del Pilar Street, Downtown District, Dagupan, Pangasinan|
|SM City Legazpi||2018 ||52,800||84,413||Legazpi City Grand Terminal Complex, Bitano, Legazpi, Albay|
|SM City Telabastagan||2018||105,69||85,487||Brgy. Telebastagan, San Fernando, Pampanga|
|SM Center Pulilan||2018||65,675||27,443||Brgy. Sto Cristo, Pulilan, Bulacan|
|SM City Tuguegarao||2018||141,404||89,863||Diversion Road cor. Bagay Road, Tuguegarao City, Cagayan|
|SM City Olongapo 2||2018||38,749||83,125||Olongapo, Zambales|
|SM City Tagum||2018||36,965||54,717||Tagum|
|SM City Roxas||October 2018||109,309 ||50,230||Arnaldo Boulevard, Roxas City, Capiz |
|SM City Caloocan||2019||22,902||110,206||Rizal Ave Ext, East Grace Park cor. Bustamante Street, Caloocan|
|SM City Sorsogon||2019||132,003||74,003||Sorsogon City|
|SM City Butuan||2019||37,233||58,074||Jose C. Aquino Avenue, Brgy. Lapu-Lapu, Butuan|
|SM City Commonwealth||TBA||20,877 ||104,218||Commonwealth Ave., Quezon City|
- "SM Supermalls". SM Prime Holdings. Retrieved 12 August 2016.
- "SM Supermalls". SM Prime Holdings. Retrieved 12 August 2016.
- "SM Through the Years 1958-2008" (2008): 2.
- Press Release; PDF auto-download; SM Prime Official Website; retrieved November 6, 2015.
- "SMPH Prospectus 2015" (PDF). Retrieved September 22, 2015.
- "NEW SHOPPING MALLS EARNINGS RAISE SM PRIME'S NET INCOME". Manila Times – via HighBeam Research (subscription required). 9 May 2007. Retrieved 4 April 2014.
- Zinnia B. Dela Peña. Wednesday, April 29, 2009. "SM Prime earmarks P12 billion for expansion of RP, China malls". Philippine Star. SM Prime Holdings
- "SM signs lease for Consolacion mall". Sun.Star. 2010-10-11. Retrieved 2011-12-10.
- Kristine Jane R. Liu and Carmelito Q. Francisco. April 29, 2009. "SM Prime to open one mall every year in mainland China". Business World. SM Prime Holdings
- "SMPH Prospectus September 2015" (PDF).
- Honey Madrilejos-Reyes. March 3, 2009. "SM Prime to Build Shopping Complex Near The Fort". Business Mirror. SM Prime Holdings
- Manila Bulletin. "SM Prime posts 14% growth in net income to P8.43 B in 9 months". mb.com.ph.
- the staff. "SM's BGC beachhead". inquirer.net.
- "SM City Cauayan opening date announcement". Facebook. Retrieved 20 April 2014.
- Krista Angela M. Montealegre, November 8, 2012 "SM group sets record capex for 2013". Interaksyon.com. Interaksyon TV 5
- November 8, 2012 "SM Investments set P65B capex for '13". Balita.ph. Balita.ph
- VG Cabuag, February 19, 2013 "SM Prime profits hit P10.5B in 2012". SMPrime.com. SM PRIME
- Richard R. Gappi. Friday, 3 October 2014. "SM Angono’s blessing on Nov. 13; grand public opening, Nov. 14. Rizalhenyo
- Wednesday, August 28, 2013. "SM Center Angono Groundbreaking". Business Mirror
- April 24, 2015. "Enjoy an all new shopping experience at SM Megacenter Cabanatuan". Philippine Daily Inquirer. Press Reader
- SM Investments Corporation Annual Report 2011: Trends & Expectations Section
- "SM to open four new malls". SM to open four new malls. BusinessWorld. Retrieved Tuesday, August 27, 2013.
- "SM City Cabanatuan: SM Opens New Destination Mall at the Gateway of the North". October 8, 2015. SM Prime Holdings
- After 10-yr negotiation, SM Prime to build mall in Cabanatuan City; "GMA Network;" By: M J Cayabyab; retrieved 08-04-2012
- SM Prime Holdings 2014 Results. p. 9. SM Prime Holdings
- "FINALLY, SM IN CALOOCAN AND ANOTHER HOSPITAL". remate.ph.
- "SM Seaside City - Timeline Photos - Facebook". facebook.com.
- "SM seals SRP stake". Sun.Star. 2010-01-15. Retrieved 2011-12-10.
- San Jose Del Monte City Public Information Office. Friday, September 19, 2014. Facebook
- SM Prime Holdings Retail Bonds Prospectus 2014. p. 50. Philippine Dealing Exchange
- Press Release; PDF auto-download; SM Prime Official Website; retrieved November 2, 2015.
- ; Press Release; Sun Star; retrieved August 25, 2016.
- "A Closer Look at SM CDO 2 Premier". TsadaGyud!.
- SM Prime Holdings Retail Bonds Prospectus 2014. p. 48. Philippine Dealing Exchange
- "SM Prime to open 7 new malls in 2017". Rappler. Retrieved 7 September 2016.
- "SM to start constructing mall in Puerto Princesa in 2014 - mayor". InterAksyon.com.
- "SM City mall to rise in Legazpi next year". ABS-CBN News. Retrieved 2015-10-20.
- "http://www.businessmirror.com.ph/sm-earmarks-p1-billion-for-legazpi-mall/". www.businessmirror.com.ph. Retrieved 2015-10-20. External link in
- Jaucian, Michael. "New SM City Mall to rise in Legazpi City". business.inquirer.net. Retrieved 2017-02-28.
- Arguelles, Mar S. (February 22, 2017). "P1.5B mall soon to rise in Albay". Bicol Mail.
- SM Prime Holdings Retail Bonds Prospectus 2014. p. 49. Philippine Dealing Exchange
- "SM constructing 2 Mindanao malls". manilastandardtoday.com.
- "SM constructing 2 Mindanao malls". manilastandardtoday.com.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to SM Prime Holdings.|
- SM Supermalls - Official website