|Broadcast area||Greater Cincinnati, Ohio|
|Branding||The Fox 92.5|
|Frequency||92.5 MHz (also on HD Radio)|
|First air date||August 19, 1964 (as WZIP)|
|Callsign meaning||W Ohio FoX|
|Former callsigns||WZIP (1964-1971)
(Cumulus Licensing LLC)
|Sister stations||WGRR, WRRM, WNNF, WFTK|
Listen Live via iHeart
WOFX-FM (92.5 FM) is an American radio station in Cincinnati, Ohio. The station plays a classic rock format. The station is owned and operated by Cumulus Media. It broadcasts with an effective radiated power of 16,000 watts. It was the FM flagship station of the Cincinnati Bengals through the 2008 preseason  and is the Cincinnati affiliate for the Bob and Tom morning radio show. Its studios are located in North Cincinnati and the transmitter site is just northeast of downtown.
The first radio station to broadcast in Cincinnati at 92.5 was WZIP, which signed on the air on August 19, 1964. The format was jazz, and carried hourly news programming from CBS. The format changed to country in 1966. In 1971, the station was sold to Woody Sudbrink, and its call letters changed to WWEZ, with the format changing to beautiful music. This format lasted until 1991, when WWEZ began playing soft rock. A call letter change occurred on February 2, 1992, to WIMJ, billed as "Magic 92."
WOFX-FM, "The Fox" began broadcasting on 94.9 FM on July 22, 1988, replacing soft rock station WLLT. A rival radio station to WOFX began at the 92.5 dial position, replacing WIMJ on April 7, 1994 with an oldies station dubbed "The Point," with the call sign of WPPT. Also in 1994, Jacor Communications (later acquired by Clear Channel), purchased WPPT. Jacor later purchased the intellectual property and callsign of WOFX, moving these to the 92.5 dial position in September 1995. On August 1, 2008, Clear Channel put the station, along with sister station WNNF, up for sale to settle regulatory issues involved in the company's sale to private equity firms. On January 3, 2009, Cumulus Media has been chosen as a buyer and is willing to swap 5 of their radio stations in Wisconsin to make this transaction complete.
92.5 The Fox is one of the longest tenured stations carrying the Bob & Tom Show, mornings from 5am until 10am. At 10am, the classic rock format begins with Christopher (formerly of the Kerrigan & Christopher morning show (WTUE-FM, Dayton, OH), Jay Gilbert (formerly with WEBN-FM) from 3pm-7pm, and Carl Cruse from 7pm-12Mid.
- "Greater Cincinnati and Dayton Radio Station History". Archived from the original on December 1, 2007. Retrieved January 4, 2008.
- Stark, Phyllis (June 4, 1994). "Vox Jox". Billboard 106 (23): 129.
- "SEC Info – Jacor Communications Inc 10-K for 12/31/94". Retrieved January 4, 2008.
- "Cincinnati Enquirer Article: Big Radio Merger Will Change Dial". Retrieved January 4, 2008.
- Ownership swap is in the works for 5 area radio stations – Green Bay Press-Gazette (released January 3, 2009)
- Station website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WOFX
- Radio-Locator information on WOFX
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WOFX