Visa policy of Armenia
Armenia allows citizens of specific countries and territories to visit Armenia for tourism or business purposes without having to obtain a visa or allows them to obtain a visa on arrival or online. For some countries the visa requirement waiver is practiced on ad hoc basis, and is not formalized by a bilateral agreement.
Visa policy map
1 – maximum stay of 180 days.
Visa on arrival
Visitors traveling as tourist can obtain a visa on arrival at Zvartnots International Airport in Yerevan, Gyumri Airport, Ayrum railway station, Bagratashen, Bavra, Gogavan and Megri land borders for a maximum stay of 120 days. They may also apply for an e-visa in advance. This is not applicable to nationals of Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Bangladesh, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, China, Comoros, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Cote d'Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, India, Iraq, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nepal, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palestine, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Swaziland, Syria, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Vietnam, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Holders of all other national passports and travel documents, including United Nations Laissez-Passer, are required to obtain an entry visa. To make the process of obtaining an Armenian visa easy and convenient, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs has introduced an E-Visa. Alternatively, visas are issued in diplomatic missions and consular posts of the Republic of Armenia or upon arrival at the border crossing points of the Republic of Armenia (conventional visas).
Visa by invitation only
Nationals of the following countries require invitations to obtain entry visas and thus have to apply for these at embassies or consulates overseas before travelling. They cannot receive their visa on arrival at the border.
- All African countries except South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Sri Lanka
- http://www.mfa.am/u_files/file/consulate/Visa/visafreelisteng.pdf List of countries for whom visa waiver is applied]
- http://hetq.am/eng/news/57644/vatican-city-monaco-san-marino-andorra-and-montenegro-citizens-can-travel-to-armenia-without-visa.html Vatican City, Monaco, San Marino, Andorra and Montenegro Citizens Can Travel to Armenia Without Visa]
- Serbia and Armenia bound by long-standing friendship
- "Visa Information". Timatic. IATA. Retrieved 27 December 2013.
- "E-Visa to Armenia". Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Armenia.