Visa policy of Venezuela
Visitors to Venezuela must obtain a visa from one of the Venezuelan diplomatic missions unless they come from one of the visa exempt countries. Visitors are required to hold proof of sufficient funds to cover their stay and documents required for their next destination. Visitors not holding return/onward tickets could be refused entry. Naturalized Venezuelan citizens, must hold in addition to their passport and National Identity Card (Cedula de Identidad), the original (or certified copy) of the official decree (Gaceta Oficial) of their naturalization issued by the Venezuelan government. All visitors must hold a passport valid for 6 months.
Visa policy map
Holders of passports of the following 71 jurisdiction can visit Venezuela without a visa for up to 90 days (extendable once for the same period except the citizens of Bolivia and Colombia):
ID - citizens of these countries may cross the border with an ID card only when travelling as tourists.
1 - must hold confirmation of hotel reservation or notarized invitation letter.
2 - Applies to holders of normal passports endorsed "For Public Affairs" only.
- Embajada de la República Bolivariana de Venezuela en la República Federal de Alemania Tarjeta de Turismo DEX-2 ( en Español )
- Botschaft der Bolivarischen Republik Venezuela in der Bundesrepublik Deutschland TOURISTENKARTE DEX-2 ( auf Deutsch )
- "Visa Information". Timatic. IATA. Retrieved 17 December 2013.
- Countries whose citizens may travel to Venezuela without visas
- First reciprocity report, January 2006