Visa policy of Azerbaijan
Visa policy map
General Visa Requirements
The passport must be valid for at least 6 months after the expiry date of the Azerbaijani visa applied for. If there is less than 3 months for the expiry of a foreign citizen's passport, a visa will not be granted. Citizens of specific countries listed, who are required to obtain a visa with an ordinary passport or with a service passport, have to obtain a visa before travelling to Azerbaijan. Visas are issued in at an embassy or consulate of the Republic of Azerbaijan or upon arrival at the border crossing points of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
Citizens of the following 11 countries can visit Azerbaijan without a visa for up to 90 days:
Visa on arrival
Citizens of the following 2 countries can obtain a visa for Azerbaijan on arrival:
Holders of an official invitation letter issued by the State Migration Service of Azerbaijan (or other Azerbaijan government authority) can obtain a visa on arrival. Staff of the Asian Development Bank (ADB) and their dependents can obtain a visa on arrival if holding an official invitation letter from the ADB.
Due to a state of war with the Republic of Armenia, the Government of Azerbaijan bans the entry of citizens from Armenia, as well as citizens of any other country who are of Armenian descent, to the Republic of Azerbaijan.
The Government of Azerbaijan strictly bans any visit of foreign citizens to the separatist region of Nagorno-Karabakh (the de facto Nagorno-Karabakh Republic), its surrounding territories and the Azerbaijani enclaves of Karki, Yuxarı Əskipara, Barxudarlı and Sofulu which are de jure part of Azerbaijan but under control of Armenia, without prior consent of the Government of Azerbaijan. Foreign citizens who enter these occupied territories, will be permanently banned from entering the Republic of Azerbaijan and will be included into the "list of persona non grata".
- Azerbaijan Tourist Visa / Azerbaijan Visa Requirements
- Republic of Azerbaijan Ministry of Foreign Affairs Visa Requirements - Documents required for granting visa
- Republic of Azerbaijan Ministry of Foreign Affairs Visa Requirements
- "Visa Information". Timatic. IATA. Retrieved 17 December 2013.
- Travel announcement for Azerbaijan - Republic of Turkey Ministry of Foreign Affairs Template:Ref-tr
- Iranian tourists can get Nakhichevan visa at border
- Azerbaijan Country Page. NCSJ: Advocates on Behalf of Jews in Russia, Ukraine, the Baltic States & Eurasia. Accessed 23 May 2010.
- Azerbaijan doesn't allow Armenians in the country - Panarmenian.net
- The Embassy of the Republic of Azerbaijan in Romania - Consular Issues - Visa Section