|Country of origin||Poland|
|Alcohol by volume||40%|
|Related products||List of vodkas|
Belvedere is a brand of Polish rye vodka produced and distributed by LVMH. It is named after Belweder, the Polish presidential palace, whose illustration appears on its bottles. It is produced exclusively in Poland in the town of Żyrardów and has worldwide distribution. The brand was launched in the United States in 1996 as a "luxury" liquor and is marketed as the world's first 'super premium vodka.'
Production began in 1993 at the facility located at Polmos Żyrardów, Poland. The facility was constructed in 1910 and was originally known as the 'Distillery and Rectification of Spirit and Vodka’. In 2001, the factory in Poland was privatized with Millennium LLC being the main shareholder. In 2002 40% of Millennium was acquired by the luxury group LVMH and in April 2005 this stake was raised to 100%.
Belvedere Vodka also produces a line of flavored vodka, which it describes as Macerations. These flavors are not charcoal filtered, and are filtered through cellulose particle filters prior to bottling. This is done with the intention of ensuring essential oils that carry fruit flavors and give mouth feel are retained. The Belvedere Maceration product line includes: Mango Passion, Lemon Tea, Bloody Mary, Pink Grapefruit, Black Raspberry, Orange, and Citrus.
On March 23, 2012, Belvedere Vodka's Twitter and Facebook pages posted a branded image that was attacked for seemingly making light of rape. The image featured a man playfully restraining a woman who appeared to be trying to flee, and the slogan, "Unlike Some People, Belvedere Always Goes Down Smoothly." The image was published on the social media sites for roughly 45 minutes before being pulled. Belvedere's President, Charles Gibb, issued a formal apology for the incident. The ad used a still image from an unrelated video starring Alicyn Packard. Packard did not give permission, and filed a lawsuit against LVMH for violating her publicity rights as an actor. The parties settled for an undisclosed sum after mediation and the action was dismissed on 21 June 2012.
In an analysis mandated by Swiss TV RTS in May 2014, the Eurofins Scientific group of laboratories revealed the presence of sugar cane or corn while Belvedere's labeling mentions rye alcohol only.
- "LVMH Group Website".
- "LVMH Website for Belvedere". May 31, 2013.
- "The Best Super Premium Vodka Brands From Europe". July 25, 2013.
- "DFNI Online". 26 July 2002.
- Carter, Alex. "Pursuitist Website - History of Belvedere Vodka".
- "EXCELLENT CHOICE, MR. BOND: BELVEDERE VODKA ANNOUNCES PARTNERSHIP WITH SPECTRE THE MOVIE" (Press release). Retrieved 2015-11-19.
- "Belvedere Vodka Collection".
- Woo, Michelle (2012-03-23). "Belvedere Vodka Ad 'Kinda Looks Like Rape'". Blogs.ocweekly.com. Retrieved 2012-03-30.
- Nudd, Tim. "Belvedere Vodka Apologizes for Rapey Ad on Facebook". AdWeek.
- Gardner, Eriq. "Alicyn Packard says she hasn't gotten an apology from Belvedere Vodka and is suing for violations of her publicity rights.". Hollywood Reporter (20 March 2012). Retrieved 14 March 2015.
- Gianatasio, David (2 April 2012). "Actress in Belvedere Vodka Rape Ad Files Lawsuit Alicyn Packard claims emotional distress". Adweek. Retrieved 14 March 2015.
- "Alicyn Packard v. Moet Hennessy USA, Inc. et al :: California Central District Court :: Federal Civil Lawsuit No. 2:12-cv-03691, Judge R. Gary Klausner presiding". www.plainsite.org. Retrieved 2016-10-16.