Cambridge Heath railway station
Cambridge Heath railway station in 2010
Location of Cambridge Heath in Greater London
|Local authority||London Borough of Tower Hamlets|
|Managed by||London Overground|
|Number of platforms||2|
|National Rail annual entry and exit|
|Lists of stations|
Cambridge Heath is a London Overground station on the Lea Valley Lines, serving the district of Cambridge Heath in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets, east London. It is 1 mile 61 chains (2.8 km) down-line from London Liverpool Street and is situated between Bethnal Green and London Fields on the route to Cheshunt and Enfield Town. Its three-letter station code is CBH and it is in Travelcard zone 2.
The station, along with neighbouring London Fields, was for many years only served during weekday peak periods, with regular daytime services not restarting until 1998, and evening and Saturday services from 2001.
Oyster pay as you go cards were introduced at the station in 2008.
The station and all services that call were previously operated by Abellio Greater Anglia as part of the East Anglia franchise. In 2015 Cambridge Heath transferred to London Overground and now appears on the tube map.
The typical weekday off-peak service from Cambridge Heath is four trains per hour southbound to London Liverpool Street and two trains per hour northbound to Cheshunt and two to Enfield Town. Service frequency is increased at peak times.
- "Station usage estimates". Rail statistics. Office of Rail Regulation. Please note: Some methodology may vary year on year.
- Cambridge Heath and London Fields RUG - A Brief History of Cambridge Heath & London Fields www.railwatch.org; Retrieved 9 January 2014
- TFL appoints London Overground operator to run additional services Transport for London 28 May 2014
- TfL count on LOROL for support Rail Professional 28 May 2014
- Table 21 National Rail timetable, May 2016
- Media related to Cambridge Heath railway station at Wikimedia Commons
|Preceding station||London Overground||Following station|
|Bethnal Green||Lea Valley Lines
Cheshunt and Enfield Town branch
|This London railway station–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|