Edmonton Green railway station
Location of Edmonton Green in Greater London
|Local authority||London Borough of Enfield|
|Managed by||London Overground|
|Number of platforms||2|
|National Rail annual entry and exit|
|Lists of stations|
|London Transport portal
UK Railways portalCoordinates:
Edmonton Green railway station is a station in the London Borough of Enfield on the White Hart Lane branch of the Lea Valley Lines. The station and most trains serving it are operated by London Overground. However a number of Abellio Greater Anglia services to Hertford East and Broxbourne continue to call during the peak hours. It is in Travelcard Zone 4 and receives services from Liverpool Street station.
The station was opened near the now closed Lower Edmonton (low level) railway station as "Edmonton Green" on 22 July 1872 by the Great Eastern Railway (GER) on its new more direct line from central London. It was renamed "Lower Edmonton" on 1 July 1883. The original name was re-adopted in 1992 as being more indicative of the area served and to promote the nearby Edmonton Green Shopping Centre. The ticket office was rebuilt in the early 1980s. Ticket Barriers were installed in 2012. Lifts to platform level are being installed and became operational in January 2015
On 31 May 2015 the Liverpool Street-Cheshunt/Enfield Town services, transferred from Abellio Greater Anglia to London Overground Rail Operations. This resulted in the ability of entitled Freedom Pass holders to use their passes at any time, as on the Underground, thus avoiding the need for those holders to carry an Oyster card when making journeys prior to 09:30.
London Buses Routes 102, 144, 149, 191, 192, 259, 279, 349, 491, 616, W6, W8, and Night Route N279 serve the station.
The typical off-peak service at the station in trains per hour is:
- 2 northbound to Enfield Town calling at Bush Hill Park
- 2 northbound to Cheshunt calling at Southbury, Turkey Street, Theolbalds Grove
- 4 southbound to London, Liverpool Street calling at Silver Street, White Hart Lane (for Tottenham Hotspur football club), Bruce Grove, Seven Sisters (for London underground Victoria line), Stamford Hill, Stoke Newington, Rectory Road, Hackney Downs, London Fields, Cambridge Heath and Bethnal Green
Edmonton Green station has entry/exit barriers which require passengers to use their Oyster/Freedom passes.
- "Step free Tube Guide" (PDF). Transport for London. Archived (PDF) from the original on 3 June 2015.
- "Station usage estimates". Rail statistics. Office of Rail Regulation. Please note: Some methodology may vary year on year.
- TFL appoints London Overground operator to run additional services Transport for London 28 May 2014
- TfL count on LOROL for support Rail Professional 28 May 2014
- Train times and station information for Edmonton Green railway station from National Rail
- grid reference TQ342935
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Edmonton Green railway station.|
|Silver Street||London Overground
Lea Valley Lines
Lea Valley Lines
Enfield Town branch
|Bush Hill Park or
|Seven Sisters||Abellio Greater Anglia
London - Hertford East/Broxbourne