Jodha Akbar (TV series)
|Created by||Ekta Kapoor|
|Developed by||Ekta Kapoor|
Story and Screenplay
Research, lyrics and consultant
|Directed by||Santram Varma, Ranjan Singh, Vicky Chauhan, Arshad Khan|
|Theme music composer||Lalit Sen|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||566 |
|Running time||Approx. 24 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Balaji Telefilms|
|Original network||Zee TV|
|Original release||18 June 2013 – 7 August 2015|
Jodha Akbar is an Indian historical fiction drama aired on Zee TV. The series premiered on 18 June 2013. The show was produced by Ekta Kapoor under her brand name Balaji Telefilms. It starred Rajat Tokas and Paridhi Sharma in lead roles. The show focuses on how a political marriage between a royal couple from 2 different religions brings love between them to the extent that it changes the fate of India and its people. The chemistry between Paridhi (Jodha) and Rajat (Akbar) was one of its kind. This leading couple became India's most loved TV couple in India as well as internationally, to the extent that when the show finally went off air, fans started a petition on the website change.org urging producers and directors to cast the lead couple together in another TV serial so that fans could continue watching them. It was also one of the most expensive TV serials ever made with its dazzling array of period costumes, sets, and jewelry. Due to leading actress Paridhi Sharma's contract expiring, the show went off air.then it was being aired on zee Anmol and currently on big magic on 7:30 to 8:30 from Monday to Saturday.
Jodha Akbar is an epic drama about a sixteenth century story of a political marriage of convenience between a Mughal emperor Akbar and a Rajput princess Jodha Bai. It is full of fiction with no relation to real history. The show focuses on how their political marriage brings love between them to an extent that it changes the fate of India. This period drama also portrays the wars of that time along with the relations between the Mughals and the Rajputs. The drama also focuses on the functioning of the queens, the courts, courtesans, the ministers and their influence on the love story of Akbar and Jodha. The show also highlights how Mughal emperor Jalaluddin acquired the title of Akbar from the people and covers most of his reign from 1557-8 up to the 1585, also showing the life of Akbar's children.
- Rajat Tokas as Jalaluddin Mohammad Akbar
- Paridhi Sharma as Jodha Bai (Mariam-uz-Zamani)
- Ravi Bhatia as Salim
- Lavina Tandon as Ruqaiya Sultan Begum
- Manisha Yadav as Salima Sultan Begum
- Ashwini Kalsekar as Maham Anga
- Heena Parmar as Anarkali
- Chhaya Phadkar as Hamida Banu Begum (Mariam Makani)
- Ankit Raizada as Man Singh I
- Shaurya Singh as Raja Todarmal
- Kaif Ali Khan as Abdul Rahim Khan-I-Khana
- Gopal Singh as Birbal
- Vijay Badlani as Tansen
- Kunal Khosla as Qutubuddin Koka
- Sheezan K Mohd as Sultan Murad Mirza
- Gaurav Sharma as Sultan Daniyal Mirza
- Rohit Joshi as Farhan (Saleem's friend)
- Ankita Dubey as Moti Bai
- Anurag Sharma as Maharana Pratap
- Ashok Devaliya as Hoshiyar Khan
- Vicky Batra as Kunwar Sujamal
- Pranav Misshra as Mirza Muhammad Hakim
- Parag Tyagi as Sharifuddin Hussain
- Sonakshi More as Bakshi Banu Begum
- Mita Vashisht as Mah Chuchak Begum
- Lokendra Rajawat as Shamsuddin Ataga Khan
- Amarpreet Rait as Jiji Anga
- Chetan Hansraj as Adham Khan / Haider Khan
- Naved Aslam as Bairam Khan
- Rajeev Saxena as Raja Bharmal
- Natasha Sinha as Rani Mainawati
- Kunal Bhatia as Rajkumar Bhagwant Das
- Nupur Saxena as Sa Bhagawati Ji Sahiba
- Bhakti Narula as Rani Lilavati
- Gandharva Pardeshi as Rajkumar Jagganath
- Dev Bishit as Rajkumar Khangar
- Akhil Vaid as Rajkumar Raj Singh
- Abhilash Chaudhary as Raja Drumak
- Ajay Paul Singh Andotra as Mantri Lakshman Das
- Prince Singh as Suryabhan Singh
- Kalyani Trivedi as Shagunibai
- Meghna Naidu as Benazir
- Ketan Karande as Khyber Zaara
- Manoj Singh as Resham Khan
- Shilpa Raizada as Nigar/Shehnaz
- Raanveer Chahal as Rashid Khan
- Dharti Bhatt as Sukanya
- Saniya Touqeer as young Anarkali
- Ayaan Zubair Rahmani as young Salim
- Javed Pathan as Sheikh Gadai
Many of the events portrayed in the series are fictitious. Certain Rajput groups claimed Jodhaa was married to Akbar's son, Jahangir, not Akbar, whereas certain reports state that Jodha and Akbar were not married. They also protested against the show along with Bharat Ka Veer Putra – Maharana Pratap, another historical series that aired on Sony TV. The title of the series was criticised by members of the Rajput community as misleading, politically motivated historical revisionism that minimised Rajput history. The community protested against the series in Rajasthan, and alleged that if the name was not changed they would not let any Balaji Telefilms films to be released in the state. Ekta Kapoor stated, "I always believe it's 20% history and 80% folklore."
Ekta Kapoor stated she conducted 7000 auditions for the female protagonist Jodha across the nation before selecting Paridhi Sharma.
|2013||Indian Television Academy Awards||Best Historical/Mythological Show||Ekta Kapoor||Won|
|Best Actor in Negative Role||Chetan Hansraj||Won|
|Best Actress in Negative Role||Ashwini Kalsekar|
|Best Art Direction||Sandesh and Vishwanath|
|Best Costumes||Nidhi Yasha|
|Best Actor (Drama)||Rajat Tokas|
|Zee Rishtey Awards||Favorite Dharavahik||Ekta Kapoor||Won[unreliable source?]|
|Favorite Khalnayak (Male)||Chetan Hansraj|
|Favorite Nayi Jodi||Rajat Tokas and Paridhi Sharma|
|Favorite Popular Face (Male)||Rajat Tokas|
|Best Screenplay||R M Joshi|
|BIG Star Entertainment Awards||BIG Star Most Entertaining TV Show (Fiction)||Ekta Kapoor||Won|
|BIG Star Most Entertaining TV Actor||Rajat Tokas|
|2014||Star Guild Awards||Best Historical Series||Ekta Kapoor||Won|
|Best Director (Fiction)||Santram Verma|
|Best Actor in Leading Role||Rajat Tokas|
|7th Boroplus Gold Awards||Best Actress in Negative Role (Critics)||Ashwini Kalsekar||Won|
|Best Actor in Negative Role (Critics)||Chetan Hansraj|
|Best Actress in Supporting Role (Critics)||Lavina Tandon|
|Golden Debutante of the year(Female)||Paridhi Sharma|
|Best Actor In a Lead Role (Critics)||Rajat Tokas|
|Best Television Show of the Year (Fiction)||Ekta Kapoor|
|Indian Telly Awards||Best Actress in Negative Role||Ashwini Kalsekar||Won|
|Best Fresh New Face (Female)||Paridhi Sharma|
|Best Actor In a Lead Role||Rajat Tokas|
|Best Ensemble Cast||Ekta Kapoor|
|Best Historical Series||Ekta Kapoor|
|Zee Rishtey Awards||Favorite Dharavahik||Ekta Kapoor||Won|
|Favorite Jodi||Rajat Tokas and Paridhi Sharma|
|Favorite Bal Kirdaar||Ayaan Zubair Rahmani|
|Best Screenplay||R M Joshi|
|2015||Star Guild Awards||Best Ongoing Drama Series||Ekta Kapoor||Won|
- "Jodha Akbar - Watch All Episodes Online in HD for Free - OZEE - Zee TV Page :1". www.zeetv.com.
- Team, Tellychakkar. "Jodha Akbar bids adieu after a glorious run of 2 years". Tellychakkar.com. Retrieved 2016-10-09.
- Team, Tellychakkar. "Strong Buzz: Zee TV's Jodha Akbar to go off air?". Tellychakkar.com. Retrieved 2016-10-09.
- Maheshwri, Neha (24 Oct 2014). "Now, Jannat's younger brother to play Salim in a historical show - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 21 October 2017.
- "Protests against Ekta Kapoor's Jodha Akbar".
- I have sleepless nights because of Jodha Akbar: Ekta Kapoor
- "Ekta to produce Jodha Akbar on the lines of 2009 hit film Jodha Akbar".
- "Latest News, Trending Topics, Top Stories, HD Videos & Photos, Live TV Channels, Lifestyle, Sports, Entertainment - In.com". In.com.
- "Loading..." www.metromasti.com.
- "Rajat Tokas to play Akbar in Ekta's new show". www.mid-day.com.
- "That's not my Jodha! says Ekta Kapoor". ZEE TV.
- "Ashwini as Maham Anga in Ekta's Jodhaa Akbar? - Times of India".
- Winners & Nominees of Indian Television Academy Awards, 2013 Archived 24 September 2014 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Winners & Nominees of Zee Rishtey Awards 2013".
- "Nominations of Big Star Entertainment Awards 2013".
- "Star Guild Awards - Winners". starguildawards.org.
- "Zee Gold Awards 2014 Complete List Of Winners". 20 May 2014.
- Winners of 13th Indian Telly Awards, 2014 Archived 14 September 2015 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Zee Rishtey Awards 2014 Official Home Page, Vote online for your Favourite Jodi, Favourite Parivaar, Favourite Popular Face Male and Favourite Popular Face Female on Zee TV. Watch ZRA contestant and nomination and performance videos. Watch this space for 2014 Zee Rishtey Award Winners on zeetv.com/zra2014". www.zeetv.com.
- "Star Guild Awards Home". starguildawards.org.