Lists of airlines
This is a list of airlines. Lists of airlines are listed alphabetically by the name of the continent from which they operate. There are lists of airlines for all of the continents except for Antarctica, as no airlines are based there. There is only one list of airlines arranged by owner and it lists airlines that are owned by the government of a country. There are over 5000 airlines with ICAO codes. The world's largest airline by fleet size and passengers carried is American Airlines, operating from the United States.
Lists of airlines around the world:
- List of airlines of Africa
- List of airlines of Asia
- List of airlines of Europe
- List of airlines of North America
- List of airlines of Oceania
- List of airlines of South America
- Flag carrier
- List of low-cost airlines
- List of regional airlines
- List of helicopter airlines
- World's largest airlines
- List of airlines with more than 100 destinations
- For airlines no longer operating see List of defunct airlines.
- "Top ten: How the world's biggest airlines ranked in 2014". Flightglobal.com. Retrieved 12 January 2016.