This is an old revision of this page, as edited by Spatronic at 15:45, 3 August 2011 (→Representatives to Miss Universe). The present address (URL) is a permanent link to this revision, which may differ significantly from the .
The current titleholder is Lee Seong-hye. She won the title on August 3, 2011 in Seoul.
The first Miss Korea competition took place in 1957 and was sponsored by the Korean newspaper HanKook Daily News. Each year, approximately fifty women compete in Seoul, South Korea, and seven are selected by a panel of judges. The 1st place winner "Jin"(진) is crowned the official Miss Korea and competes in Miss Universe. Additionally, there are two "Sun"(선) finalists: first runner up goes to Miss International, and second runner up goes to Miss Earth. Lastly, four "Mi" (미) finalists (equivalent to semi-finalists) are chosen.
On March 16 2011, the president of Miss World Organization Julia Morley announced the newly launched Miss World Korea pageant. Until 2010, Miss Korea would also select the representative to Miss World. The woman chosen in this new competition will represent Korea at Miss World 2011.
Representatives to Miss Universe
Korea debuted at Miss Universe in 1954.
|1963||Kim Myoung-ja||4th runner-up|
|1974||Kim Jae-kyu||Best National Costume|
|1977||Kim Sung-hee||Best National Costume|
|1980||Kim Eun-jung||Top 12|
|1983||Kim Jong-Jung||Best National Costume|
|1988||Jang Yoon-jeong||1st runner-up|
|2001||Kim Sa-rang||Best National Costume|
|2007||Lee Ha-nui||3rd runner-up|
Representatives to Miss International
Korea debuted at Miss International in 1960.
|1968||Hee Ja-kim||Top 15|
|2000||Son Tae-young||1st runner-up|
|2001||Baek Myoung-hee||Semi-finalist & Best National Costume|
|2002||Gi Yun-ju||Top 12 & Best National Costume|
|2003||Shin Ji-Su||Top 12|
|2004||Kim In-ha||Top 15|
|2006||Jang Yun-seo||2nd runner-up|
|2007||Park Ka-on||Top 15|
|2009||Seo Eun-mi||1st Runner-up|
|2010||Ko Hyeon-yeong||Top 15|
Representatives to Miss Earth
Korea debuted at Miss Earth in 2002.
|2002||Lee Jin-ah||Best National Costume|
|2005||Yoo Hye-mi||Top 16 & Best National Costume|
|2008||Seo Seol-hee||Top 16|
|2009||Park Ye-ju||Top 16|
Representatives to Miss World
Korea debuted at Miss World in 1959.
|1972||Chung Keum-ok||(did not compete)|
|1988||Choi Yeon-hee||1st runner-up|
|2001||Seo Hyun-jin||Best Evening Gown|
|2005||Oh Eun-young||Top 6|
|2007||Cho Eun-ju||Best Evening Gown|
|2009||Kim Joo-ri||Top 16|
Beauty Queen of Asia & Oceania
- Miss Korea pageant says began was joined on the hottest cover girl of the month issue of Maxim Korea.
- Prior to select for Miss Korea pageant was held to select the representative goes bringing to the Miss Universe Pageant promoting the other during the period, North Korea is replacing cancelled Pageant upon the first reactor, will take join us be held against in Around the Countries and to Seoul, there many such as China, Japan, Israel, Australia, Germany and US
- South Korea hosted promote with Seoul and Busan to participate by annual Coronation of Miss Asia Pacific World 2011 starts October 15.
- Relation opposed in South Korea, within a short period meeting members program visit to Washington D.C., Pageant said our important participated Foundation go to report ahead in US
- "Korea launched Miss World 2011". mediainnews.com. March 17, 2011. Retrieved 24 March 2011. Text "%26search_items%3DcGFydF9pZHglM0QxMjM%3D" ignored (help)
- "Ex-Miss Korea Tops Internet News". The Korea Times. June 3, 2007. Retrieved 10-10-2010. Check date values in:
- "Miss Korea 2010". news.mk.co.kr. July 26, 2010. Retrieved 17 March 2011.