Location of Pearsall, Texas
|• Total||5.95 sq mi (15.41 km2)|
|• Land||5.93 sq mi (15.37 km2)|
|• Water||0.02 sq mi (0.04 km2)|
|Elevation||633 ft (193 m)|
|• Density||1,541/sq mi (595.1/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1364941|
Pearsall is located near the center of Frio County at  Interstate 35 bypasses the city on the west side, with access from Exits 99, 101, and 104. I-35 leads northeast 55 miles (89 km) to San Antonio and south 100 miles (160 km) to Laredo.(28.891458, -99.094873).
The climate in this area is characterized by hot, humid summers and generally mild to cool winters. According to the Köppen climate classification system, Pearsall has a humid subtropical climate, Cfa on climate maps.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
As of the census of 2000, 7,157 people reside in Pearsall with 2,201 households, and 1,688 families residing in the city. The population density was 1,694.7 people per square mile (654.8/km²). There were 2,470 housing units at an average density of 584.9/sq mi (226.0/km²). The racial makeup of the city was 73.80% White, 0.39% African American, 0.71% Native American, 0.28% Asian, 0.01% Pacific Islander, 22.01% from other races, and 2.79% from two or more races. 84.24% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.
There were 2,201 households out of which 41.4% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 53.1% were married couples living together, 18.2% had a female householder with no husband present, and 23.3% were non-families. 20.8% of all households were made up of individuals and 9.9% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.99 and the average family size was 3.47.
In the city, the population was spread out with 30.6% under the age of 18, 10.4% from 18 to 24, 26.9% from 25 to 44, 19.7% from 45 to 64, and 12.4% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 31 years. For every 100 females, there were 102.6 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 103.2 males.
The median income for a household in the city was $21,602, and the median income for a family was $23,470. Males had a median income of $21,295 versus $14,720 for females. The per capita income for the city was $13,383. 35.0% of the population and 30.4% of families were below the poverty line. 43.2% of those under the age of 18 and 40.0% of those 65 and older were living below the poverty line.
Government and infrastructure
Pearsall Independent School District has four schools - Ted Flores Elementary, Pearsall Intermediate, Pearsall Junior High, and Pearsall High School.
- Alfred Allee, a famed 19th-century peace officer, was at one time a deputy sheriff in Pearsall.
- Gene Bailey, baseball player
- George Strait, country music singer, was born in Poteet, Texas, but raised in Pearsall.
- Dave Studdard, professional football player, offensive lineman Denver Broncos (1979-1988)
- Brad Wright, head football coach at Texas State University-San Marcos from 2007 to 2010, was born in Pearsall in 1959.
First United Methodist located across from the courthouse
First Baptist Church of Pearsall located at Walnut and San Marcos streets
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Find a County". National Association of Counties. Archived from the original on May 31, 2011. Retrieved 2011-06-07. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Pearsall city, Texas". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved September 7, 2016.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- US Census change list Archived 2006-02-06 at the Wayback Machine
- Climate Summary for Pearsall, Texas
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved August 18, 2019.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Archived from the original on April 26, 2015. Retrieved June 4, 2015. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Post Office Location - PEARSALL." United States Postal Service. Retrieved on May 22, 2010.
- "South Texas Detention Facility." U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement. Retrieved on May 22, 2010.
- NFL.com Player Profile