Texas High School
|Texas High School|
“Tomorrow’s future at work today”
|4001 Summerhill Road
Texarkana, Texas, Bowie County, 75503
United States of America
|Type||Co-Educational, Public, Secondary|
|School district||Texarkana Independent School District|
|Athletics conference||14-AAAA (football)|
|Website||Texas High School|
The first classes were held in 1889 for grades 7 through 11 and the first graduating class consisted of three students in 1890. In 1965 a $3,000,000-bond was issued for a new high school on Kennedy Lane, just west of Summerhill Road, was approved. The facility was designed by world-famous architects Caudill Rowlett Scott and local architects Moore and Thomas. In 1969, the architecture firm was awarded the Outstanding School Architecture Award by the Texas Association of School Administrators and School Boards for its design.
Alma mater 
Hail Texas High School,
We are as one,
Till day is done,
Cheering our comrades,
As years go by;
We pledge our love to thee,
Dear old Texas High!
Mission statement 
"Texas High School will offer excellence in education for all students — today and tomorrow."
Under the 2012-2014 football University Interscholastic League reclassification, Texas High competes in District 14 of classification 4A.
Texas High has always had a competitive football program. Under Barry Norton, they won the 4A Division I state championship in 2002 and have been in the playoffs numerous times.
Under head coach Glenn Welch (1975 alumnus), the baseball program won its first 4A state championship on June 11, 2009.
Texas High has always had a traditionally strong men's and women's swimming and diving team, called the Tigersharks, and have won numerous individual titles and state championships in the last thirty years.
Notable alumni 
- Miller Barber, 1949, professional golfer
- Carl Finch, 1970, Founder of Grammy Award winning polka/dance band Brave Combo
- Slade Heathcott, minor league outfielder in the New York Yankees organization
- Gary Kusin, 1971, former president and CEO, FedEx Kinko's
- Prudence Mackintosh, 1962, Contributing Editor, Texas Monthly
- Larry Powell, Retired Features/Lifestyle Columnist, The Dallas Morning News
- Ross Perot, 1947, businessman and former Presidential candidate, named TISD Distinguished Alumni in 2009
- Ryan Mallett, starting quarterback for the University Of Arkansas and 2011 NFL Draft pick of the New England Patriots
- Rick Minter, co-defensive coordinator for the Kentucky Wildcats
- Craig Monroe, former professional baseball player
- Jerry Norton, former professional football player
- Collin Raye, 1978, Country music singer
- Bill Rogers, 1970, professional golfer; winner of The British Open, 1981
- Marjorie Scardino, 1965, CEO of Pearson PLC; listed on Forbes list of the "100 Most Powerful Women in the World" 2007
- Aysel Teymurzadeh, Eurovision 2009 contestant and third place finisher from Azerbaijan
- Nathan Vasher, former player in the National Football League
- http://archone.tamu.edu/crs/documents/misc/awards.pdf Caudill Rowlett Scott Awards
- http://www.uil.utexas.edu/athletics/archives/football/champions.html UIL State Football Champions
- "Texas High wins first-ever state baseball championship". Texarkana Gazette. 2009-06-11. Retrieved 2009-06-12.
- "Perot named TISD Distinguished Alumni". Texarkana Gazette. 2009-09-17. Retrieved 2006-09-17.
- "Texarkana Independent School District Names H. Ross Perot as 2009 Distinguished Alumni". Texarkana Independent School District. 2009-09-17. Retrieved 2010-10-21.
- http://www.tshof.org/highschool/inductees/ Texas High School Football Hall of Fame