|Raosaheb Dadarao Danve|
MP, BJP State President, Maharashtra
|MOS Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution|
26 May 2014 – 05 March 2015
|Prime Minister||Narendra Modi|
|Member of Parliament|
|BJP Maharashtra State President|
|Assumed office |
|Preceded by||Devendra Fadnavis|
|Born||18 March 1955|
Jalna, Bombay State, India
|Political party||Bharatiya Janata Party|
Raosaheb Dadarao Danve (born 18 March 1955) represents Bhartiya Janata Party in 16th Lok Sabha & currently Maharashtra President Bhartiya Janata Party. During the general elections that were held in May 2014, Raosaheb Danve-Patil won the Jalna constituency for the fourth time. Immediately afterwards, he was sworn in by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi as the Minister of State for Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution, the position he held till March 2015.
Meanwhile, Maharashtra assembly elections were held in October 2014 under the leadership of Eknath Khadse. "Mahayuti" stormed to power and Devendra Fadnavis became first BJP Chief minister of Maharashtra. However, as per the BJP culture, one person only holds one post a time, and hence Devendra Fadnavis resigned as the President of Maharashtra BJP and the search for a new leader commenced. Raosaheb Danve indicated to the party leadership that he was willing to resign as a minister and in January 2015 he was appointed as the President of Maharashtra BJP by Amit Shah, the national President of BJP. Raosaheb Danve is only the second person in Maharashtra BJP to hold this prestigious office while also being a Member of Parliament. Earlier, late Suryabhan Vahadane-Patil had successfully carried the dual responsibility.
Raosaheb was born to Kesharabai Danve and Dada-rao Danve in March 18, 1955.
Family and personal life
In the last 30 years, from a Sarpanch to a MP and later a Minister of State, Raosaheb has been on various positions. Earlier, he has been a general secretary of Maharashtra BJP, and twice the vice president. Danve has been renowned as a leader with rural roots. He started his journey as a Sarpanch, and later became a first time MLA in 1990 & in 1995 Second Term MLA from Bhokardan assembly constituency and 4 time Consecutive Member of parliament since 1999, 2004, 2009 & May 2014.
- 27 May 2014 to 5 March 2015 Union Minister of State, Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution
- 1990-95 Member, Maharashtra Legislative Assembly (First Terms)
- 1995-99 Member, Maharashtra Legislative Assembly (Two Terms)
- 1990-99 Chairman, Panchayati Raj Committee
- 1990-99 Chairman, Assurances Committee
- 1999-2000 Member, Committee on Commerce
- 2000-2004 Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Rural Development
- 2000-2004 Member, Committee on Finance
- 2000-2004 Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Communications and Information Technology
- 5 Aug. 2007 Member, Committee on Agriculture
- 31 Aug. 2009 Member, Committee on Petroleum and Natural Gas
- 31 Aug. 2009 Member, Committee on Commerce
- 15 July 2015 onwards Member, Standing Committee on Information Technology
By May 2017, the Tur production in Maharashtra had gone up to 20.35 lakh tonne due to a good rainy season. But the prices quickly fell and the farmers were suffering. Addressing a meeting in Jalna, when the topic was brought up, Danve lost his temper and said
"Our party workers should now not cry but fight. Just the day before yesterday, we've asked officials to procure one lakh tonne tur daal. Yet these people saale (referring to farmers) are crying. Are you reading too many newspapers? Don't read!" 
This insult directed towards the farmers was undoubtedly criticised, especially by the Opposition parties. Shivsena held protests against him as well and Danve expressed his regrets concerning his comment.
- http://mahabjp.org/Eng/BjpBadal/RajyastariyaAdhyaksha.aspx[permanent dead link]
- "Raosaheb Danve: Minister of State (Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution)". NDTV.com. 26 May 2014. Retrieved 5 February 2016.
- "Maharashtra BJP president Raosaheb Dadarao Danve resigns as Union Minister". The Indian Express. 5 March 2015. Retrieved 5 February 2016.
- "Team 'Modi'fication: Who is MoS Raosaheb Dadarao Danve?". www.oneindia.com. Retrieved 5 February 2016.
- "Bhokardan (Maharashtra) Election Results 2014, Current and Previous MLA". elections.in. Retrieved 5 February 2016.
- "Maharashtra Assembly Election Results in 1990". elections.in. Retrieved 5 February 2016.
- "Maharashtra Assembly Election Results in 1995". elections.in. Retrieved 5 February 2016.
- "Jalna(Maharashtra) Lok Sabha Election Results 2014 with Sitting MP and Party Name". elections.in. Retrieved 5 February 2016.
- "Bharatiya Janata Party - Maharashtra". mahabjp.org. Archived from the original on 8 February 2016. Retrieved 5 February 2016.
- http://220.127.116.11/Loksabha/Committee/CommitteeInformation.aspx?comm_code=18&tab=0[permanent dead link]
- Reporter, Staff. "Danve abuses farmers over tur, draws flak". The Hindu. Retrieved 2017-05-12.
- "Maharashtra BJP Chief's Angry Comment On Farmers Sparks Protests". NDTV.com. Retrieved 2017-05-12.
| Member of Lok Sabha