|Headquarters||ABS-CBN Broadcasting Center, Diliman, Quezon City, Philippines|
|Key people||Fernando Villar (Head of ABS-CBNmobile)|
|Type of site||video on demand
pay per view
|Registration||Subscription to ABS-CBNmobile is needed for premium account.|
iWant TV (formerly iWanTV! and stylized as iWant tv) is an over-the-top content provider exclusively available in the Philippines that is owned and operated by ABS-CBN Corporation. It allows users who registered to the service to watch either a live video streaming or on demand contents on any screen and device. iWant TV users can watch the live video streaming of ABS-CBN, ABS-CBN HD, ABS-CBN News Channel, DZMM TeleRadyo, MOR 101.9 for life!, O Shopping, and UAAP Season 78 as well as on demand contents from ABS-CBN, ANC, ABS-CBN Regionals, ABS-CBN Sports + Action, Cine Mo!, Knowledge Channel, O Shopping, Jeepney TV, select movies from Star Cinema and other exclusive and premium contents.
Users can access the contents of iWant TV through either the website interface or through the iWant TV app available in both iOS, android, Windows and LG Smart TV. Although the service is free of charge, exclusive contents are only available to premium users who registered using their ABS-CBNmobile accounts The iWant TV app can be access through either the ABS-CBNmobile 3G network or through Wi-Fi.
From the launching until the 30th of August, 2015, iWant TV has foreign contents from many pan-regional television channels such as NatGeo, the Food Channel, E!, CNN, and Cartoon Network. This particular contents are now diverted into a new service called SKY ON DEMAND which is exclusive to SKY subscribers.
On August 31, 2015, iWant TV, together with StarFlix (a new division of Star Cinema) and Wattpad released Must Date the Playboy starring Kim Chiu, Xian Lim, and directed by Mae Czarina Cruz-Alviar, the first movie to be released exclusively through the iWant TV and ABS-CBNmobile service.
The original name iWanTV! is a portmanteau of either the sentence I want TV!, or the Tagalog word iwan (English: to leave behind) and TV, pertaining to the service helping viewers being able to catch up show episodes they had left behind.
- "ABS-CBN’s iWanTV IS NOW ON LG SMART TV!" (Press release). LG Philippines. July 15, 2011.
- "LG Smart TV expands entertainment options with Netflix, and more". Manila Bulletin. February 1, 2016.
- Pe, Roger (January 31, 2013). "Which media will survive?". Philippine Daily Inquirer.
- Red, Isah (July 18, 2015). "Secret behind success of ABS-CBN programs". Manila Standard Today.
- "ABS-CBN's internet TV gains popularity". ABS-CBN News. April 16, 2013.
- Mendoza, Arvin (September 2, 2015). "IN PHOTOS: Kim Chiu, Xian Lim star in ‘Must Date the Playboy’". Philippine Daily Inquirer.