Jimmy Wales Foundation
The Jimmy Wales Foundation for Freedom of Expression is a UK-based charity established by Jimmy Wales to fight against human rights violations in the field of freedom of expression. Wales founded the charity after receiving a prize from the leader of Dubai, which he felt he could not accept given the strict censorship laws there, but was not allowed to give back. Its CEO is Orit Kopel.
- Smith, Charlie (4 September 2015). "Jimmy Wales on Censorship in China". Huffington Post. Retrieved 8 March 2017.
- "Jimmy Wales wants Wikipedia to change the world, again". The Jerusalem Post | JPost.com. Retrieved 8 March 2017.
- "Wikipedia founder joins worldwide chorus in support of Zunar". Free Malaysia Today. 21 October 2016. Retrieved 8 March 2017.
- Elis, Niv (2015-05-20). "Jimmy Wales wants Wikipedia to change the world, again". The Jerusalem Post. Retrieved 2017-08-11.
- Wales, Jimmy; Kopel, Orit (2016-03-16). "Jimmy Wales: 'The world needs to ask: #whereisBassel?'". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 2017-08-11.
|This article about a philanthropic or charitable organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|