|Member of the U.S. House of Representatives|
from Florida's 6th district
|Assumed office |
January 3, 2019
|Preceded by||Ron DeSantis|
Michael George Glen Waltz
January 31, 1974
Boynton Beach, Florida, U.S.
|Education||Virginia Military Institute (BA)|
|Service/branch||United States Army|
|Unit||Army Special Forces|
|Battles/wars||War in Afghanistan|
Michael George Glen Waltz (born January 31, 1974) is an American politician serving as the U.S. Representative for Florida's 6th congressional district. He is a member of the Republican Party.
Waltz earned a Bachelor of Arts Degree in International Studies at the Virginia Military Institute and was commissioned as a Second Lieutenant in the US Army Reserve.
A retired U.S. Army Special Forces officer, Michael Waltz is a veteran of the War in Afghanistan and is the first Green Beret ever elected to the United States Congress. Before his election to Congress, Waltz served in a senior role at the Pentagon as Director for Afghanistan policy within the Office of the Secretary of Defense, served as a senior advisor to Vice President Dick Cheney for South Asia and Counterterrorism in the George W. Bush White House, was co-founder and partner at Askari Associates, LLC, and was president of Metis Solutions. Mike is a member of the Republican Party and is a FOX News contributor, providing expert commentary on foreign policy and defense issues, and has also appeared frequently on CNN, MSNBC, BBC World News, and PBS Frontline.
- VMI Grad Elected to Florida Congress
- "Representative Michael Waltz". Representative Michael Waltz. Retrieved 2019-01-04.
- "Matchup between ex-Cheney aide and ex-Clinton aide set in Florida's 6th". The Washington Post. 2018-08-27. Retrieved 2018-11-07.
- Mark Harper. "Big money aids Nancy Soderberg, Michael Waltz in District 6 congressional race - News - The St. Augustine Record - St. Augustine, FL". Staugustine.com. Retrieved 2018-11-07.
- "Republican Michael Waltz wins open Florida House seat, keeping 6th District in GOP control". SFGate. Retrieved 2018-11-07.
- "Special forces: How Mike Waltz defeated the national left - Florida Politics". floridapolitics.com. Retrieved 2018-11-11.
- Biography at the Biographical Directory of the United States Congress
- Profile at Vote Smart
- Financial information (federal office) at the Federal Election Commission
- Legislation sponsored at the Library of Congress
|U.S. House of Representatives|
| Member of the U.S. House of Representatives
from Florida's 6th congressional district
|U.S. order of precedence (ceremonial)|
Jeff Van Drew
| United States Representatives by seniority
|116th||Senate: M. Rubio • R. Scott||House: A. Hastings • M. Díaz-Balart • D. Wasserman Schultz • V. Buchanan • G. Bilirakis • K. Castor • B. Posey • T. Deutch • D. Webster • F. Wilson • L. Frankel • T. Yoho • C. Crist • V Demings • N. Dunn • M. Gaetz • A. Lawson • B. Mast • S. Murphy • F. Rooney • J. Rutherford • D. Soto • D. Mucarsel-Powell • D. Shalala • R. Spano • G. Steube • M. Waltz|