Webb Ellis (sportswear)
|Founder||Rod and Lawrence Webb |
|Lawrence Webb, CEO|
|Products||Sportswear, footwear, balls, accessories|
Webb Ellis Limited is a British manufacturing company based in London. The company, focused on rugby union, manufactures a wide range of sports equipment, including sportswear, boots, balls and accessories.
The company was founded in January 2003 by Rod and Lawrence Webb, as a manufacturer of products for the practise of rugby union that included team uniforms, boots and balls.
The first important contract for Webb Ellis came the same year of its foundation, when the company signed a deal with European Professional Club Rugby to supply official balls for the European Champions Cup (then "Heineken Cup"). Three years later, the Welsh Rugby Union chose the Webb Ellis balls for its national team home internationals. During the following years, Webb Ellis expanded its business area adding distributors in Ireland, France, USA, Canada, Argentina, Uruguay, Italy, Spain, South Africa, Japan, Australia and New Zealand.
Clubs and associations that have/had deals with Webb Ellis include:
- Buenos Aires RU - referees kits 
- Córdoba RU
- Rosario RU
- Tucumán RU
- Welsh Rugby Union - ball supplier
- History on Webb Ellis (archived, 29 Nov 2011)
- Web Ellis on Company Data Rex website
- Webb Ellis on Bloomberg business website
- Schools on Webb Ellis, 5 Dec 2019
- Teams signing with Webb Ellis - official website
- "Webb Ellis renueva con Los Tilos" - Argentine Webb Ellis official blog, 2012-01-02
- Los árbitros de la URBA estrenaron indumentaria on Argentine website (archived), Mar 4, 2016