Faculty of Management Studies, BHU
|This description does not cite any references or sources. (March 2011)|
|Faculty of Management Studies,Banaras Hindu University|
|Dean||Prof. R.K. Pandey|
|Location||Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, India|
Faculty of Management Studies, Banaras Hindu University (FMS,BHU), Varanasi, India is the business school of Banaras Hindu University ( 'best university of India on all parameters as per the India Today magazine dated 2 June 2010'). Established in 1968,it is among the earliest Management Schools in India. Since its establishment it has produced more than 4000 graduates.It is one of the oldest business schools in India and has a strong alumni network. It offers Master of Business Administration (MBA 2yrs), Master of Business Administration(International Business) (MBA(IB)- 2yrs) and Master of Agribusiness Administration (MBA Agri 2yrs) duly approved and certified by AICTE.
It was the second institute in India to offer degree in International Business Administration (after IIFT).It was ranked 3rd in terms of infrastructure,14th in terms of placements and 28th in overall as well as perceptual ranking of Top B-Schools - in a survey conducted by Business World (issue date: June 28, 2010). The entrance exam for Faculty of Management Studies is conducted through CAT (Common Admission Test) conducted by Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) .
Banaras Hindu University, was established in 1916 by Pandit Mahamana Madan Mohan Malviya. Banaras Hindu University is known for teaching programmes to fulfill the diverse needs of the society. It launched the Master's programme in Management in the late 1960s. Faculty of Management Studies, Banaras Hindu University (FMS,BHU), Varanasi, India was among the earliest Management Schools in India and was established in 1968.
During the last 42 years, the Faculty of Management Studies has graduated over 4000 managers. The alumni of this faculty occupy positions in industries and commerce in India as well as other developing and developed countries of the world. In response to the needs of industry, the Faculty pioneered a new Master's programme in International Business Administration (MIBA) in 1991. The students to MBA/MIBA programmes are admitted through CAT conducted by IIMs. In recognition of its expertise and commitment to learning (and for developing and updating the teachers of management institutions of the country), the Faculty has been identified as one of the five Quality Improvement Programme Centres by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). The Faculty has been recognized as Host Institution for the National Doctoral Fellowship by AICTE. The Allahabad Bank has also created a Chair for the position of Professor in the Faculty in 2004. From academic session 2006-07, the Faculty has launched a new stream of MBA specializing in Agri-Business Administration.
- Admission to MBA / MBA(IB) Course at Faculty of Management Studies, BHU is based on the combined merit acquired by a candidate in CAT, group discussion and interview. As such a candidate who is interested to take admission at FMS, BHU is required to appear in CAT conducted by Indian Institutes of Management.
- Candidates are also required to register at FMS, BHU through separate application form.
- A graduate degree under 10+2+3 Pattern / degree in Agriculture, Technology, Medicine, Education or Law / Post-graduate degree in any discipline under 10+2+3+2 pattern from any Indian University/Institution recognized by AIU/AICTE with at least 50% marks in aggregate (at least 45% for SC/ST candidates).
- A candidate appearing at the qualifying examination and expecting to fulfill the eligibility requirements as above may also apply.
Rankings Faculty has been ranked as the 14th best B School in the country in the year 2011 and along with that it has also been ranked as the best B School in terms of ROI (return of investment) and 3rd best in infrastructure in the same year.
It was ranked among the top 30 business schools in the survey of best business schools in "Outlook" magazine in 2005. It was also rated 4th among the University Departments of the country by Outlook Survey 2006. FMS-BHU was ranked 3rd in terms of infrastructure (emerged 1st among the University Departments), 14th in terms of placements and 28th in overall as well as perceptual ranking of Top B-Schools - in a survey conducted by Business World (issue date: June 28, 2010) and FMS-BHU scored 95 out of 100 in terms of return on investments (ROI) in the same survey.
Host Institution for National Doctoral Fellowship in Management
Faculty has been identified as the Host Institution for National Doctoral Fellowship in Management by the All India Council for Technical Education.
DRS 1 SAP (Special Assistance Programme)
Faculty was included in the Special Assistance Programme of the UGC (Level DRS-1) of University Grants Commission in 2007 for Social Entrepreneurship Development.
Entrepreneurship Development Cell
In 2007 the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) approved and sponsored the Entrepreneurship Development Cell for carrying out research and training activities to inculcate the spirit of entrepreneurship in students.
Industry Institute Partnership Cell
All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) approved and sponsored the Industry-Institute Partnership Cell for carrying out consultancy and provide training for executives from business organizations and tp strengthen links with the corporate world .
Doctoral Programme in Management Studies (PhD)
One Year (Part Time) (2 Semester) P.G. Diploma in Business Administration (PGDBA)
Executive Development Programme
- Mr. B.S. Nagesh,Vice-Chairman,Shopper's Stop Pvt. Ltd.,Mumbai
- Dr. Atul Parvatiyar,President & CEO of ICRM,USA & Ace Sporting & Fitness,USA
- Prof. Vinay K. Nangia,Head Of Department, DOMS,IIT Roorkee
- Mr. Sarvesh Goorha, CEO, Auditel Expenses Management Pvt. Ltd., Noida
- Mr. R.C. Surana, Executive Director, HEG Ltd., Noida
- Mr. Girish V. Rao, Chief Executive Officer, Steel Retail, Essar Steel Ltd., Mumbai
- Mr. Tapaas Chakravarti, CMD & CEO, DQ Entertainment Ltd., Hyderabad
- Mr. Umendra Kr. Gupta, Chairman & MD, Holostik India Ltd., Noida
- Mr. Swarup Choudhury, Vice President Growth Markets at IBM World Wide Corporation
- Mr. Madhvesh Kumar, Managing Director- South Asia, Coutinho & Ferrostaal GmbH
- Mr. Arun Sehgal,VP (HR),GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare Ltd.,Gurgaon
- Mr. Udai Upendra,Former VP(Global HR),Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd.,New Delhi
- Mr. Rajiv Gujral,CEO & Sr. VP,The Indian Hotels Company Ltd.,Mumbai
- Dr. B.R. Singh,Group Advisor(HR), Ispat industries Ltd.,Navi Mumbai
- Mr. Raj Kapoor, Chief Operating Officer, JCT Electronics Ltd., New Delhi
- Mr. Ajay Sharma,Jt. President (Commercial),Jayaprakash Associates Pvt. Ltd.,Rewa
- Mr. Abdul Mateen,Vice President,Berger Paints (Rajdoot Divn.),New Delhi
- Mr. P.B.K. Charan, Sr. Vice President (HR), Jindal Steel & Powers Ltd.,New Delhi
- Mr. Cherian George, DGM (Mktg.), NCTI, New Delhi.
- Mr. D.K. Mehrotra, Managing Director, LIC of India,Mumbai
- Dr. Adya Prasad Pandey, Professor Department of Economics, Banaras Hindu University.
- Mr. Kamal Prakash, Director, Jiwanram Sheoduttrai Industries Pvt. Ltd., Kolkata
- Mr. Tarak Nath Gorai, Director -Client Partner, Tavant Technologies, London
- Mr. Sujit Mitra, Director Business Development & Contracting, Uniworld Group, Dubai
- Mr. Sameer Kapoor,CEO, NDTV India
- Dr. kamal Nayan Agarwal, School of Business, Howard University, USA