|City of license||Hartford, Connecticut|
|Broadcast area||Hartford, Connecticut|
|Branding||Fox Sports Radio 1410|
|Repeaters||97.9-2 FM WUCS HD2 (HD Radio)|
|First air date||July 15, 1935(as WMFE)|
|Callsign meaning||W POPular music|
|Former callsigns||WMFE (1935)
|Former frequencies||1380 kHz (1935–1941)|
|Affiliations||Fox Sports Radio
(Capstar TX LLC)
|Sister stations||WHCN, WKSS, WUCS, WWYZ|
WPOP (1410 AM; "Fox Sports Radio 1410") is a radio station in Hartford, Connecticut, USA broadcasting a sports format. The station is owned by iHeartMedia, Inc. and features programing from Fox Sports Radio and Westwood One. Studios are at 10 Columbus Boulevard, in Hartford, and the transmitter site is located in Southington, Connecticut.
WPOP was a very popular top 40 radio station during the 1960s and early 1970s. The station achieved its highest level of success during this era. WPOP dropped its pop music format in June 1975 in favor of all-news, carrying NBC's News and Information Service.
On January 27, 2012, the station began to simulcast on WPKX (97.9 FM); that station eventually changed its call letters to WUCS. WPOP switched from ESPN Radio to Fox Sports Radio on March 5, 2012, with ESPN Radio remaining on WUCS; the station also carries The Jim Rome Show and the existing local show The Drive (simulcast on WAVZ in New Haven).
- "A Chronology of AM Radio Broadcasting 1900-1960". History of American Broadcasting. Retrieved March 4, 2012.
- "Call Letter Origins". Radio History on the Web.
- "WPOP Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "WPOP Station Information Profile". Arbitron.
- "WPOP Hartford's adoption of Fox Sports allows Dan Patrick to be heard at home". Radio-Info.com. February 24, 2012. Retrieved March 4, 2012.
- Query the FCC's AM station database for WPOP
- Radio-Locator Information on WPOP
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for WPOP
- History for WPOP
|This article about a radio station in Connecticut is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|