|City of license||Ft. Smith, Arkansas|
|Broadcast area||Ft. Smith|
|First air date||2000|
|Format||News Talk Information|
(Capstar TX Limited Partnership)
KWHN (1320 AM) is a radio station broadcasting a News Talk Information format to the Ft. Smith, Arkansas, USA area. The stations are licensed to Capstar TX Limited Partnership and owned by iHeartMedia, Inc. .
On April 2, 2008, the 1650 kHz station (KWHN at the time, Facility 87114) filed a 'Notification of Suspension of Operations/Request for Silent STA' with the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) for the following reason:
- "Due to heavy spring rains, localized flooding of a nearby waterway placed the transmitter site, and the transmitter itself under several feet of water. Access to the site to determine damage has only recently been allowed, and a casual inspection has revealed tremendous amounts of damage.
- In order to be allowed time to decide how to best proceeded (sic) with this facility, the licensee requests Special Temporary Authority to remain silent for up to 1 year."
According to the filing, the flood damage occurred on March 24, 2008.
On April 3, 2008, the FCC granted the callsign exchange, thus the 1320 kHz station became KWYN again after seven and a half years as KYHN.
On September 17, 2012 the FCC was notified that KYHN is in the process of being sold, and that the new licensee intends to return the station to the air as soon as possible. 
- Query the FCC's AM station database for KWHN
- Radio-Locator Information on KWHN
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for KWHN