|Broadcast area||Little Rock metropolitan area|
|Slogan||Little Rock's Greatest Hits|
|Frequency||94.9 MHz (also on HD Radio)|
|First air date||1971|
Christmas music (Nov.-Dec.)
|Former callsigns||KZLR (2/1989-9/1989)
(CC Licenses, LLC)
|Sister stations||KSSN, KDJE, KMJX|
From 1987 until late 1989, it was KZLR "KZ-95." It had been KADL prior and was off-air for about a year before the launch of AOR "KZ-95." Despite a heavy street presence and a massive promotion blitz, KZ-95 failed to gain traction.
From 1989 to 2003 it was KOLL ("Cool 95"), playing all oldies from the 1950s, 1960s, and 1970s.
From 2003 to 2005 it aired an adult contemporary station with the call letters KMSX with the branding "Mix 94.9".
On December 26, 2005 the station changed its call letters to KHLR and began airing a black gospel format, branded as "Hallelujah 94.9."
On August 17, 2009 KHLR swapped formats and call letters with KHKN 106.7 FM, and is now adult hits, branded as "Tom FM."
On November 1, 2015 94.9 began stunting for the holiday season with Christmas music as "Christmas 94.9". On December 28, 2015 at 6:00 AM, KHKN flipped to classic hits as "BIG 94.9". The first song played was "Jump" by Van Halen.
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KHKN
- Radio-Locator information on KHKN
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KHKN
- http://radiostationworld.com/locations/united_states_of_america/arkansas/radio.asp?m=lit Radio Station World Little Rock
- http://hdradio.com/station_guides/widget.php?id=85 HD Radio Guide for Little Rock
- http://licensing.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/ws.exe/prod/cdbs/pubacc/prod/sta_det.pl?Facility_id=61366 FCC Station Search Details for KHKN
|This article about a radio station in Arkansas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|