The Kalergi Plan is a theory which revolves around the philosophy and political organizing of Richard von Coudenhove-Kalergi, an early 1900s Austrian politician who founded and presided over the Paneuropean Union. Some credit Kalergi for inspiring the later formation of the European Union which states that a plot to mix white Europeans with other races via immigration was constructed by Austrian-Japanese politician Richard von Coudenhove-Kalergi and promoted in aristocratic European social circles. The conspiracy theory is most often associated with European groups and parties, but it has also spread to North American politics.
Austrian writer and neo-Nazi Gerd Honsik wrote about the subject in his book Kalergi Plan (2005). Investigative newspaper Linkiesta have described the Kalergi plan as a hoax which is comparable to the anti-semitic fabrication The Protocols of the Elders of Zion.
The SPLC (Southern Poverty Law Center) denotes that the Kalergi plan is a distinctly European way of pushing the narrative of white genocide on the continent, with white nationalists quoting Coudenhove-Kalergi's writings out of context in order to assert that the European Union's immigration policies were insidious plots that were hatched decades ago in order to destroy white people. Hope Not Hate, an anti-racism advocacy group, has described it as a racist conspiracy theory, which alleges that Coudenhove-Kalergi intended to influence Europe's policies on immigration in order to create a "populace devoid of identity" which would then supposedly be ruled by a Jewish elite.
- "Organization Candace Owens Represents Shares, Then Deletes, Photo Promoting White Genocide Conspiracy Days After Her Testimony". Newsweek. 12 April 2019.
Believers in the Kalergi plan think that Richard von Coudenhove-Kalergi, an Austrian politician in the early 1900s, constructed a plan to destroy white people in Europe by encouraging immigration
- "Qué es el "plan de Kalergi", la teoría conspirativa que usan los partidos de ultraderecha contra la Unión Europea" [What is the "Kalergi plan", the conspiracy theory used by the extreme right parties against the European Union] (in Spanish). BBC Mundo. October 22, 2018.
It is the conspiracy theory known as "Kalergi's plan" , which, for just over a decade, has been circulated among the members of several European nationalist and far-right parties
- "Che cos'è – o sarebbe – il "Piano Kalergi"" [What is - or would be - the "Kalergi Plan"] (in Italian). Il Post. January 16, 2018.
- "Cos'è il piano Kalergi, la bufala dei migranti che uccideranno gli europei" [What is the Kalergi plan, the migrant hoax that will kill Europeans] (in Italian). Linkiesta. September 28, 2015.
- "Day of the trope: White nationalist memes thrive on Reddit's r/The_Donald". Southern Poverty Law Center. 19 April 2019.
With respect to Europe, the mythology of the “Kalergi plan” plays a similar role in constructing the “white genocide” narrative. Richard von Coudenhove-Kalergi was an Austrian noble and early advocate of European integration. White nationalists mine his writings for evidence that the European Union is the culmination of a nefarious “plan” for white genocide put into motion decades ago.
- "EXPOSED: For Britain and the "White Genocide" Conspiracy Theory". Hope Not Hate. 18 April 2019.
racist and antisemitic conspiracy theories have since developed that allege that Coudenhove-Kalergi devised a long-term scheme to undermine the white race by encouraging immigration into Europe, creating a populous devoid of identity who would supposedly be easily ruled by Jewish overlords.
- "Middle England by Jonathan Coe review – a bittersweet Brexit novel". The Guardian. 16 November 2018.
- Amodeo, Clara (September 28, 2015). "Cos'è il piano Kalergi, la bufala dei migranti che uccideranno gli europei" [What is the Kalergi plan, the migrant hoax that will kill Europeans]. Linkiesta.
- "Che cos'è – o sarebbe – il "Piano Kalergi"" [What is - or would be - the "Kalergi Plan"]. Il Post. January 16, 2018.
- Attanasio, Angelo (October 22, 2018). "Qué es el "plan de Kalergi", la teoría conspirativa que usan los partidos de ultraderecha contra la Unión Europea" [What is the "Kalergi plan", the conspiracy theory used by the extreme right parties against the European Union]. BBC Mundo.