|Education||Emory University (JD)|
Colgate University (BA)
|Occupation||Executive, banker, lawyer|
Malik started as a spokesperson for Representative Donald Payne He worked as a corporate lawyer at Weil, Gotshal & Manges in New York before joining MF Global and later Bank of America Merrill Lynch to run the prime brokerage business and to lead the emerging manager program. Malik left Bank of America in January 2018 to launch an advisory firm for hedge funds and alternative investment managers. Later reports indicated that Malik was forced out after investigations into allegations of inappropriate conduct, which Malik disputed and filed a $100 million arbitration claim against Bank of America on the basis of defamation, retaliation, breach of contract, and discrimination against his Muslim background. In July 2018, Bank of America settled the case and paid Malik an eight-figure sum.
- "Malik Launches Merchant-Banking Business". Retrieved 16 May 2019.
- "Omeed Malik Surfaces in Season Premiere of Showtime's 'Billions'". Retrieved 16 May 2019.
- "Disgraced ex-BofA exec raises uncomfortable questions about #MeToo". Retrieved 16 May 2019.
- "Omeed Malik". Retrieved 16 May 2019.
- "Republicans sympathetic, Demos wary of call for union sunshine bill". Retrieved 16 May 2019.
- "Unconventional Lawyers: The Enduring Value of a Legal Education". Retrieved 16 May 2019.
- "Ex-Bank of America executive Malik to launch fund advisory firm". Retrieved 16 May 2019.
- "BOA settles with exec who says whistleblowing led to bogus sex harassment claims". Retrieved 16 May 2019.
- "Ex-Bank of America executive seeks $100 million in damages in defamation claim". Retrieved 16 May 2019.
- "Meet the Lawyer Representing Wall Street's #MeToo Men". Retrieved 16 May 2019.