This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Also called||Suzuki Alivio (Chinese market)|
|Assembly||Manesar, India (Maruti Suzuki)|
Chongqing, China (Changan Suzuki)
Rayong, Thailand (2015–present)
|Body and chassis|
|Body style||4-door Sedan|
|Related||Suzuki SX4 S-Cross|
|Engine||1.6 L I4 G-INNOTEC (petrol)|
1.4 L I4 K14B (petrol)
1.5 L I4 K15B (petrol) (2018,India)
1.2 L I4 K12B (petrol; Thailand)
1.3 L Fiat I4 (diesel)
4-speed Automatic (Petrol version only)
|Wheelbase||2,650 mm (104.3 in)|
|Length||4,490 mm (176.8 in)|
|Width||1,730 mm (68.1 in)|
|Height||1,485 mm (58.5 in)|
|Predecessor||Suzuki SX4 Sedan|
The Suzuki Ciaz is available in both diesel and petrol variants. It is being offered with a 1.4 litre K-Series petrol engine and a 1.6 litre VVT exclusively for the Chinese market and Fiat's 1.3 litre diesel engine. The diesel-engined SHVS model had a combustible comsumption rate is above 28.09 km/L while the fuel version comsumption average is 20.73 km/L according to ARAI. The power (BHP) rating will be 91.18 (Petrol) and 88.76 (Diesel). The torque (NM) will be 130 (Petrol) and 200 (Diesel). The Car's petrol version will also have an automatic transmission option, the same currently used in the SX4 Automatic.
It comes with features like projector headlamps, new 16 inch alloy wheels, key-less entry, window blinds, a touchscreen infotainment system, rear parking camera, automatic climate control, ABS with EBD and two airbags, rear AC vents, push button stop-start system, etc. The Chinese Version of Ciaz; known under the Alivio name; has sunroof as an extra feature.
Suzuki Ciaz is 4,490 mm in length, 1,730 mm in width, 1,485 mm in height. The ground clearance of the sedan is 170 mm and wheelbase is 2650mm. The boot space of 510-litres and is the largest in its class.
The Suzuki Ciaz comes with ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) and EBD (Electronic Brake-force Distribution) on all variants. It comes with Dual Airbags across all variants. The car gets a reverse parking sensors in Delta variant while reverse camera is available in Zeta and Alpha variants. The car was also tested by ASEAN NCAP and got a 4-star rating.
Ciaz S (sport)
In 2017 new sporty variant of Ciaz, called Ciaz S was launched. It has rear spoilers.
2018 Facelift (Maruti Suzuki Ciaz)
The New Ciaz is now offered with the revolutionary new 1.5 litre K15 petrol engine. The next generation smart hybrid with Lithium-ion battery makes its maiden appearance in the New Ciaz. The New Ciaz is engineered to offer class-leading comfort, impactful exteriors, elite interiors, unmatched performance along with an array of safety and convenience features.
Ciaz has sold over 2,20,000 units since launch. The top end (Alpha) variant of Ciaz contributes a phenomenal 41% of its total sales.
Maruti Suzuki Ciaz recently went through a facelift in August 2018 in India. Ciaz was initially sold through the traditional Maruti Suzuki CE channels across the country. Soon, they conceived the idea of a distribution network catering to the premium segment in cars. Thus, Nexa was born.The new Ciaz facelift comes in 7 colours namely, NEXA Blue, Metallic Premium Silver, Metallic Magma Gray, Pearl Metallic Dignity Brown, Pearl Snow White, Pearl Sangria Red & Pearl Midnight Black.
· Revolutionary New Engine: All-new 1.5 litre K15 Petrol Engine for enhanced performance. (13% more power & 6% more torque)
· Advanced Smart Hybrid Technology with Lithium-ion battery: In Petrol variants. Segment first. Standard across variants.
· Dynamic new front Design: LED projector headlamps with DRLs and LED front fog lamps create a brilliant all-white signature. Elegant Front Bumper & sleek front Grille. LED rear combination lamps.
· Safe and Secure : High speed warning alert, Reverse parking sensors, Driver and Passenger seat belt reminder alert, ISOFIX child seat restraint system, Dual airbags, ABS with EBD are standard. Electronic stability program (ESP) with ‘hill hold’ function comes standard in Automatic variants.
· Advanced Features: Next generation features like Cruise Control, Auto headlamp and Auto headlamp leveling for convenience and customer delight.
Engine and Performance
1.5L Powertrain with mild hybrid
The new K15 Engine continues to deliver best in class fuel efficiency
The new Lithium-ion battery is Compact
New Ciaz claims fuel efficiency of 21.56 Km/l in manual petrol variants and 28.09Km/l in diesel.
- New K15 petrol engine specifications
· Power: 77kW@6000 rpm (up by 13%)
· Torque: 138Nm@4400 rpm
- New generation Dual battery system with the following features
· Idle Start Stop
· Torque Assist Function
· Brake Energy Regeneration
- https://www.autobip.com/actualite_auto/autowest_2018_suzuki_cima_motors_exposition_des_modeles_made_in_dz_commercialisation_reportee/6507 Missing or empty
- "Review: Why Maruti Ciaz petrol may be a better buy than rivals - Review: Maruti Ciaz petrol". The Economic Times. Retrieved 2018-05-08.
- "Maruti Suzuki Ciaz". CarDekho.com. Retrieved 15 November 2014.
- "SUZUKI CIAZ". ASEAN NCAP. Retrieved 5 July 2018.
- "Maruti Suzuki Ciaz". ShivamNexa.com. Retrieved 31 August 2018.