The South African
|Owner(s)||Blue Sky Publications Ltd (UK)|
|Publisher||Blue Sky Publications Ltd (UK) & Blue Sky Publications (Pty) Ltd (South Africa)|
The South African is an English-language South African online news publication created in March 2003 by the multinational media company, Blue Sky Publications, and it operates as an online news and lifestyle publication with offices in South Africa and the United Kingdom.
The publication started as a London-based broadsheet newspaper aimed at providing news for South Africans living in London. It was available in a weekly tabloid format and distributed at the entrances of London Tube stations until June 2015 when it became an entirely online news source for South African news.
2003–2015: Print & Online years
News published online but also in a weekly print format newspaper distributed at train station entrances in London.
2015 - present: Change to Online only publication
The last print issues was on the 15th of June 2015 as readers mostly based in South Africa and decline in readership growth after the change in SA to UK immigration policies. Readers predominately in South Africa and the focus changed to South African readers.
In 2018, it won an IAB Bookmark Award for Mobile Publications.
- Wrycza, Stanisław; Maślankowski, Jacek (2019). Information Systems: Research, Development, Applications, Education: 12th SIGSAND/PLAIS EuroSymposium 2019, Gdansk, Poland, September 19, 2019, Proceedings. Springer Nature. ISBN 978-3-030-29608-7.
- ASINGIA, Brian (2019). The Last Digital Frontier: The History and Future of Science and Technology in Africa. The Pearl Dream, Inc.
- "Major changes on the way for South Africans looking to move to the UK". Businesstech.co.za.
- Winners of IAB Bookmark Award
- Media of South Africa
- List of South African media
- List of newspapers in South Africa
- South African Audience Research Foundation (SAARF)
- Official Website
- The South African on Facebook
- The South African on Twitter
- The South African on Flipboard
- The South African on Instagram
- IAB South Africa