This article needs additional citations for verification. Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed.
(March 2021) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Bryanston High School|
|Motto||Veritas Fidelitas Justitia|
(Virtue. Fidelity. Justice.)
|Established||1968; 55 years ago (1968)|
|School number||+27 (011) 706 6010|
|Gender||Boys & Girls|
|Age||14 to 18|
|Number of students||1,600 pupils|
|Schedule||07:30 - 14:00|
|Colour(s)|| Blue |
|Accreditation||Gauteng Department of Education|
|School fees||R41 200 - R43 200 (2020)|
As a government fee-paying school in the province of Gauteng in the Republic of South Africa, Bryanston High School's admissions Grade 8 are administered by the Gauteng Department of Education through their online portal (https://www.gdeadmissions.gov.za/) The school does however require additional information from prospective parents who can join the pre-admissions mailing lists (https://myschool.org.za/BryanstonHigh)
Grade 9 to 11 admissions are managed directly by the school itself, and it is only under very rare circumstances that the school will accept pupils in their Matric year.
Admission Criteria (for Grade 8)
The GDE priorities Grade 8 admission on a number of factors ranked from high to low as follows:
1) Home address within the school's Feeder Zone (https://myschool.org.za/BryanstonHigh/gde-feeder-area-for-bryanston-high-ver-01.jpg);
2) Sibling currently in Grade 8 to 11;
3) Attends one of the Feeder Schools
4) Parent's work in the school's Feeder Zone.
5) Live within a 30 km radius of the school; and
6) Live beyond a 30 km radius of the school.
Bryanston Primary School
Bryandale Primary School
Bryneven Primay School
Bryanston Parallel Medium School
Rivonia Primary School
Montrose Primary School
- Economic management science
- Life Orientation
- Physical education
- Natural sciences
- Business studies
- Computer Application Technology (CAT)
- Information Technology (IT)
- Engineering Graphic Design
- Life Orientation
- Physical Education
- Life Sciences
- Mathematics Core
- Mathematics Literacy
Extra subjects (after & before school)
Extra Subjects at Bryanston include
Extracurricular activities at Bryanston High School include many different Seasonal Sports and Cultural Activities.
Summer Sports include
Winter Sport include
Cultural activities include
Rivals of the school include
- Elon Musk (transferred to Pretoria Boys High School after bullying)
- Janine Botbyl Miss South Africa 1988
- Lorna Potgieter Miss South Africa 1984
- Diana Tilden-Davis Miss South Africa 1991
- "Bryanston High School - School Fees". www.bryanston.com. Retrieved 30 March 2021.
- "Bryanston High School - Departments". www.bryanston.com. Retrieved 30 March 2021.
- "Bryanston High School - Academic". www.bryanston.com. Retrieved 30 March 2021.
- "Extra Murals". Fourways High School. Retrieved 9 February 2021.
- "Bryanston High School - Sport". www.bryanston.com. Retrieved 30 March 2021.
- "Bryanston High School - Cultural". www.bryanston.com. Retrieved 30 March 2021.
- "Bryanston High School saddened by Elon Musk bullying". News24. 23 July 2015. Archived from the original on 10 February 2018. Retrieved 10 February 2018.
- "Why Elon Musk has little affection for the brutal land where he grew up". BizNews.com. 21 July 2015. Retrieved 10 February 2018.
- "Miss South Africa Past Winners". Archived from the original on 7 May 2019. Retrieved 2 November 2019.
- "Diana Tilden-Davis".