|Padi Elevated Rotary|
|Inner Ring Road
Chennai-Tiruvallur High Road
|Constructed:||2005–09 by National Highway Authority of India|
|Opened:||20 February 2009|
The Padi Junction is one of the important junctions in Chennai. It is located north of Koyambedu Junction at the intersection of Inner Ring Road (IRR) with Chennai-Tiruvallur High Road (CTH). An elevated rotary has been constructed at this junction as part of the NHDP by NHAI to ease the traffic congestion. It was built at a cost of 1,300 million and was opened for traffic on 20 February 2009.
Grade separator 
The junction is used by hundreds of heavy vehicles and the has a traffic density of about 200,000 passenger car units daily. To ease the congestion, the NHAI has constructed an elevated four-lane rotary at the junction. Work on the project began in 2005 and completed in 2009.
Ramps A total of six ramps and an elevated rotary with 100 spans form part of the elevated structure.
- Four ramps on each side of the IRR and on both sides of the grade separator.
- The ramps are all two-laned and are for One-way traffic.
Along CTH Road
- Two ramps along the median of the CTH road on both sides of the grade separator.
- The two ramps on CTH road are all four-laned with a median for two-way traffic.
- The ramp on the north of the grade separator on CTH road crosses a railway line.
- An elevated 4-laned rotary at the center connects all the 6 ramps and has an outer radius of 99 metres.
There is a 15,000 sq m space around the grade separator where landscaping works will be taken up in 2013 at a cost of 10 million.
See also 
- "Padi grade separator to be inaugurated today". The Hindu (Chennai). 20 February 2009. Retrieved 27 October 2011.
- "Padi grade separator work gains momentum". The Hindu (Chennai: The Hindu). 20 January 2009. Retrieved 27 October 2011.
- "Padi grade separator to be opened by January-end". The Hindu (Chennai). 5 October 2008. Retrieved 27 October 2011.
- "NHAI plans flyovers, underpass in Chennai". Project Monitor. 7 February 2005. Retrieved 27 October 2011.
- Ramakrishnan, Deepa H. (22 April 2013). "Koyambedu flyover to geta touch of green". The Hindu (Chennai: The Hindu). Retrieved 23-Apr-2013.