Radisson Blu Hotel Chennai
|Radisson Blu Hotel GRT Chennai|
|Hotel chain||Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group|
|Address||531, GST Road, Saint Thomas Mount
Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600 016
|Opening||1 March 1999|
|Owner||GRT Hotels and Resorts Private Limited|
|Number of rooms||101|
|Number of suites||7|
|Number of restaurants||3|
The hotel was built by Macnur Hospitality Limited, 75 percent of whose equity is held by the M A Chidambaram group, in March 1999 at a cost of 340 million. In 2001, the hotel was renamed as Radisson GRT after it was bought by the city-based GR Thanga Maaligai.
The hotel has 101 rooms including 7 suites, 19 business-class rooms, 24 club rooms and 51 deluxe rooms. Restaurants in the hotel include Garden Café (an all-day poolside restaurant), The Great Kabab Factory (restaurant) and the Gallop bar. Meeting spaces include The Royal Court (with 3 optional partitions) and The Royal Summit (with 2 optional partitions), both located on the lobby level, and a boardroom.
The hotel initially planned to add another 30 rooms by constructing on the land acquired adjacent to the existing hotel. However, in 2010, it planned to add 70 rooms, 150 persons restaurant and an urban day spa.
In 2010, the hotel was listed among the top ranked hotels by Expedia Insiders' Select 2010.
In September 2008, the hotel won the Best Participating Hotel award at the Culinary Challenge and Exhibition 2008 held in Chennai by the Indian Federation of Culinary Association (IFCA).
- "Category : 5 Star". List of Approved Hotels as of : 06/01/2013. Ministry of Tourism, Government of India. 2013. Retrieved 6 Jan 2013.
- Ramesh, M. (29 July 2001). "GRT Grand, T Nagar set to takeover Radisson Hotel". Business Line (Chennai: The Hindu). Retrieved 30 Nov 2011.
- Venkatraman, Hemamalini; Nandini Sivakumar (26 October 2009). "Radisson to add new 162-room hotel in Chennai". The Economic Times (Chennai: The Times Group). Retrieved 30 Nov 2011.
- "Radisson GRT gets Expedia recognition". The Hindu (Chennai: The Hindu). 11 June 2010. Retrieved 30 Nov 2011.
- "Asiana Hotel bags culinary award". Business Line (Chennai: The Hindu). 27 September 2008. Retrieved 14 Apr 2013.