Chehra (TV series)
|Genre||Thriller, Suspense, Drama|
|Created by||Beyond Dreams Productions|
|Written by||Mamta Patnaik, Tuhina Sinha, Akashaditya Lama, Sharad Tripathy|
|Directed by||Rohit Dwivedi and Mamta Patnaik|
|Theme music composer||Sunil Kaushik|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of episodes||Total 80|
|Executive producer(s)||Karan Ahuja & Ratesh Marulkar|
|Producer(s)||Yash Patnaik & Mamta Patnaik|
|Editor(s)||Dharmesh Patel & Basant Kumar|
|Running time||Approx. 24 minutes|
|Original network||STAR Plus|
|Picture format||SDTV: 480i|
|Original release||16 March – 3 July 2009|
The story revolves around a young girl who is full of life and explores the world in her wheel chair. Chehra traverses through Bandini’s life, her undying spirit and her life after marriage. 24-year- old Bandini is witty, full of life and a nature lover. Handicapped in an accident, she has taken her disadvantage in her stride and doesn’t let pity and sympathy bring her down. Her life takes a ‘U’ turn when she meets a young, dashing, wealthy business tycoon, Garv. Bandini is stunned when this most sought-after bachelor proposes marriage to her. Friends, neighbors and relatives, all are stunned by such a good proposal for Bandini. Some think it’s pure luck while others think it’s her good karma. But there is more to it than meets the eye.
- Hritu Dudani ... Bandini (the main protagonist of the series)
- Mohit Raina ... Garv, a young, handsome business tycoon, Bandini's husband.
- ... Fax Bua, Bandini's aunt; loud, humorous, and realistic in any controversial situation.
- Geetu Bawa ... Sujata, Bandini’s younger sister.
- Rajan Bhise ... Shashikant, Bandini’s father.
- Narendra Jha ... Karan, Garv’s elder brother and India’s best plastic surgeon
- Nishiganda Wad ... Nirmala, Garv’s mother
- Sunil Shinde ... Kishan, Garv’s father, mentally deranged
- Renu Chahal ... Sitara, a Servant
- Vaishali Nazareth ... Karan's wife
- "Yash Patnaik’s Chehra on Star Plus..". All Time TV. 2009-02-16.