Kallam Anji Reddy
|Kallam Anji Reddy|
|Born||1 February 1939
Guntur district, Andhra Pradesh, India
|Died||15 March 2013 (aged 74)
Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
|Cause of death||Liver cancer|
|Alma mater||UDCT, Mumbai|
|Occupation||Former Chairman, Dr. Reddy's Laboratories|
|Known for||Dr. Reddy's Laboratories|
|Net worth||(USD) $1.39 Billion|
|Relatives||Kallam Satish Reddy (son)
G. V. Prasad (son-in-law)
Kallam Anji Reddy (1 February 1939 – 15 March 2013) was an Indian entrepreneur in the pharmaceutical industry, the founder-chairman of Dr. Reddy's Laboratories, which he established in 1984, and chairman of Dr Reddy's Foundation (DRF), the corporate social responsibility arm of the group, established 1996. The Government of India honoured him with the Padma Shri in 2001 and later with the Padmabhushan for his contribution to the Indian pharmaceutical industry. He was a member of the Indian Prime Minister's Council on Trade and Industry.
After graduating from the Annapotanna Bold High School , Reddy went on to get his first Bachelor of Science degree from A.C. College at Guntur in 1958. He then earned his BSc-Tech in Pharmaceuticals and Fine chemicals from UDCT, Mumbai followed by a PhD in chemical engineering from the National Chemical Laboratory, Pune in 1969.
Reddy died of cancer on 15 March 2013 at the Apollo Hospital in Hyderabad. He is survived by his wife, son and daughter.
- "Always Reddy with a healthy dose". The Economic Times. 17 November 2008.
- "Dr Reddy's prescription of passion". Financial Express. 3 September 2006.
- "Padma Awards" (PDF). Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. 2015. Retrieved July 21, 2015.
- Govt announces Padma Awards | NDTV.com
- "Dr. Reddy's Struggles for Homegrown Hit to Escape Rival Clones". Bloomberg. 4 December 2006.
- "Dr Reddy's: From Rs 25 lakh to Rs 5,800 crore". Rediff.com. p. 12 June 2007.
- Dr. Reddy's Lab's founder chairman Anji Reddy passes away : Corporate, News – India Today