Mashhad Urban Railway
A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (August 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Native name||قطار شهری مشهد|
|Locale||Mashhad, Razavi Khorasan, Iran|
|Transit type||Rapid transit|
|Number of lines||2 |
|Number of stations||35|
|Daily ridership||108,500(Line 1), 30,000(Line 2)|
|Website||Mashhad Urban Railway Operation Company(MUROC)|
|Began operation||12 March 2011|
|Operator(s)||Mashhad Urban Railway Operation Company(MUROC)|
|Number of vehicles||90|
|Headway||5 minutes in peak hours, 7 minutes in off peak hours and 12 minutes in holidays(line 1),10 minutes (line2)|
|System length||37.5 km (23.3 mi)|
|Track gauge||1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in) standard gauge|
Mashhad Urban Railway (Persian: قطار شهری مشهد, the literal translation of the name from Persian) is a rapid transit urban rail line in Mashhad, Iran. It is the second rapid transit system in Iran. The project has been known by a number of terms, including "light rail" or "light metro" and "urban rail" or "metro", though the system's full-grade separation from traffic and five-minute headway fully qualify it as a rapid transit or "metro" system. Mashhad Urban Railway operates its line 1 from 6 to 22:00 daily. Construction of the second line which is a metro line is ongoing. Limited operation of the first phase of line 2, with 10.1 kilometres (6.3 mi) and 9 stations, had just begun in Feb 2017. tunnel excavation of the first phase of line 3 was started in 2015.
The 19.5-kilometre (12.1 mi), 22 station Line 1 was the first line to be built; it opened for service on 24 April 2011. Line 1 runs between Nakhrisi in the east and Vakilabad in the southwest, with travel time of 41 minutes. Approximately half the route is in tunnels; the rest is at ground level.
Line 1 Expansion
Expansion of Line 1 added 4.5 km (2.8 mi) of underground railroads and 2 stations (Reyhane and HashemiNezhadAirport), connecting Mashhad International Airport to the Mashhad Urban Railway. Line 1 reached a total of 24 stations (13 underground, 11 on-ground) along 24 km (15 mi) of track, as 15.5 km (9.6 mi) in tunnels plus 8.5 km (5.3 mi) on-ground, and a ridership capacity of 170,000 passengers per day, along with daily operation between 6 AM and 10 PM. Also making Mashhad the first city in Iran to have a Metro system connected to an Airport.
Line 2 is a conventional heavy metro, running north-south for 14.5 km (9.0 mi) between Koohsangi and Tabarsi with 13 stations, Excavation was done by two Tunnel Boring Machines (TBMs). From Feb 2017 limited operation of the first phase of line 2 began. Mashhad urban railway system is connected to the inter-urban railway system in Rahahan Station. On 20 March 2018 pilot operation of the first interchange station in Mashhad railway system was started. On 7 May 2018 Iranian President Hassan Rouhani took part in the inauguration ceremony of the first Mashhad Urban Railway interchange station "Shariati" which connects line 1 and 2. On July 27th, 2019 Shahid Kaveh Station Operation Began.currently, line 2 operates everyday with 13.5 km and 11 stations from 6 AM to 10 PM and the current headway is 10 minutes.
Another additional line is planned. Line 4 with 17.5 km (10.9 mi) length has been approved, and the studies for line 4 are reaching completion and final approval level. Tunnel Excavation of Line 4 will begin in Summer 2020.
A fleet of 100 metro trains has been ordered to CNR. 85 of them will be assembled in Iran by TWM. Currently, 70 of them are delivered and in-service condition.
- "Iran Rail Transportation Corporation, Mashhad". irtco.ir. Retrieved 2015-10-24.
- "معرفی خطوط قطارشهری مشهد".
- "Toos Gostar". Imam Reza (A.S.) Network. Retrieved 2010-11-28.
- "Mashhad metro starts running". Railway Gazette. Retrieved 10 July 2015.
- "IRAN: MASHHAD METRO PROJECT MOVES AHEAD". Goliath Business News. Retrieved 2010-11-28.
- "Mashhad metro starts running". Railway Gazette. Retrieved 2011-04-25.
- "جابهجایی حدود 51 میلیون مسافر توسط خط یک قطار شهری مشهد" [Handling about 51 million passengers a metro rail line Mashhad] (in Persian). Mashhad Urban & SubUrban Railway Operation Company. Retrieved 2013-10-07.
- "UrbanRail.Net > Asia > Iran > Mashhad Metro". UrbanRail.net. 2010-11-04. Archived from the original on 2010-11-10. Retrieved 2010-11-28.
- "Mashhad Urban Railway Corporation, Line 1". murco.ir/. Retrieved 2015-10-24.
- "مشهد نخستین شهر در کشور است که فرودگاه آن به خطوط مترو متصل شده است". murco.ir (in Persian). Retrieved 2016-03-01.
- "سرویسدهی به دو میلیون مسافر در خط یک و دو قطارشهری مشهد".
- "اتصال خط یک و دو قطارشهری مشهد با حضور رییس جمهور". MUROC. Retrieved 2018-05-08.
- https://metro.mashhad.ir/news/6993712-%D9%82%D8%B7%D8%A7%D8%B1%D8%B4%D9%87%D8%B1%DB%8C-%D9%85%D8%B4%D9%87%D8%AF-%D9%85%DB%8C%D8%AF%D8%A7%D9%86-%D8%B4%D9%87%DB%8C%D8%AF-%DA%A9%D8%A7%D9%88%D9%87-%D8%B1%D8%B3%DB%8C%D8%AF..html. Missing or empty
- https://metro.mashhad.ir/portal_content/3547616-%D9%85%D8%B9%D8%B1%D9%81%DB%8C-%D8%AE%D8%B7%D9%88%D8%B7-%D9%82%D8%B7%D8%A7%D8%B1%D8%B4%D9%87%D8%B1%DB%8C-%D9%85%D8%B4%D9%87%D8%AF.html. Missing or empty
- "Mashhad Urban Railway Corporation, Line 3". murco.ir. Retrieved 2015-10-24.
- "ورود TBMبه لینک خط2و3". murco.ir. Retrieved 2016-03-01.
- https://metro.mashhad.ir/index.php?module=cdk&func=loadmodule&system=cdk&sismodule=user/content_view.php&sisOp=view&ctp_id=2&cnt_id=7030375&id=180249. Missing or empty
- "Mashad Light Rail". Subways.net. Retrieved 2010-11-28.
- "Railway Gazette: First LRVs shipped to Mashhad". Railway Gazette. Retrieved 2010-11-28.
- "China's first official shipment export light rail vehicles". China Daily. Retrieved 2010-11-28.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mashhad Metro.|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mashhad Metro.|