Jakarta LRT at Boulevard Utara station
|Owner||Government of Jakarta|
|Transit type||Light metro|
|Number of lines||1|
|Number of stations||6 (first phase)|
|Operation will start||2019|
|Operator(s)||PT LRT Jakarta|
|Number of vehicles||Eight two-cars trainsets|
|Headway||5 minutes (peak)|
15 minutes (off-peak)
|System length||5.8 km (3.6 mi) (first phase)|
|Track gauge||1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in)|
|Electrification||750V (DC) third rail|
|Top speed||60 km/h|
The Jakarta Light Rail Transit (Jakarta LRT) is a light metro system currently under construction in Jakarta, the capital city of Indonesia. It is being implemented by the Jakarta provincial government.Eight two-cars trainsets were procured. The first phase of the LRT, from Velodrome to Kelapa Gading with six stations, is planned to begin operations in 2019, though no date has been set. 
The Jakarta light rail transit project aims to tackle Jakarta's high road traffic congestion. The rolling stock comes from Hyundai Rotem from South Korea. Each trainset consists of two cars and will be able to carry 270 to 278 passengers. There will be a total of 16 cars. Platform screen doors by ST Engineering Electronics will be installed at all stations.
-  Phase 1 - Pegangsaan Dua - Velodrome, along 5.8 km
-  Phase 2 - Velodrome - Tanah Abang, along 11.8 km
|Station Number||Station Name||Interchange/Notes|
|Phase 1 (under construction, to be ready by 2019)|
|S-06||Velodrome||Terminus until the completion of Phase 2|
Construction of Route 1 started on 22 June 2016. The first six kilometers of the route connecting the Kelapa Gading Depot to Velodrome Station was 29.61% complete by June 26, 2017. It was expected to be operational before the 2018 Asian Games. However, this did not happen as construction is not yet finished and the Indonesia Asian Games Organizing Committee (INASGOC) considered that buses would be more effective in transporting the athletes. The test run for the LRT which was scheduled on 10 August was delayed to 15 August 2018.
On 12 February 2019, Project Director of LRT PT Jakarta, Iwan Takwin announced that Phase 1 is planned to begin operation on 25 February 2019 or 28 February 2019.
On 24 February 2019, Indonesia's transport minister, Budi Karya Sumadi announced that due to unfinished works for the depot and signalling system, Phase 1 will only be operational by late March 2019. However, it was delayed again.
- Ramadhan, Ardito (14 April 2018). "Ini Spesifikasi Kereta LRT yang Tiba di Jakarta". KOMPAS.com (in Indonesian). Retrieved 2 November 2018.
- Fahd, Zacky (3 December 2017). "Eksklusif: Ini Dia Foto Sarana Kereta LRT Jakarta Kelapa Gading – Velodrome!". KAORI Nusantara (in Indonesian). Retrieved 2 November 2018.
- "Rencana LRT di Jakarta". Kompas (in Indonesian). Jakarta. 11 September 2015. Retrieved 21 September 2015.
- Pratama, Akhdi Martin (24 February 2019). "Menhub: LRT Jakarta Beroperasi Akhir Maret 2019". Kompas (in Indonesian). Retrieved 24 February 2019.
- Eka, Aditya (13 September 2018). "Laporan Perjalanan: Inilah Kesan Pertama Kereta LRT Jakarta - KAORI Nusantara". KAORI Nusantara (in Indonesian). Retrieved 2 November 2018.
- Media, Kompas Cyber (2018-08-24). "Kemenhub Lakukan Operasional Terbatas untuk LRT Kelapa Gading - Kompas.com". KOMPAS.com (in Indonesian). Retrieved 2018-09-07.
- "LRT Fase II Velodrome-Tanah Abang Berikan Keuntungan Investor". SINDOnews.com (in Indonesian). Retrieved 2018-09-07.
- "In August 2018, Kelapa Gading-Rawamangun LRT to Commence Operation".
- Wuragil, Zacharias (12 August 2018). "Duh, LRT Jakarta Akhirnya Gagal Ikut Asian Games". Tempo (in Indonesian). Retrieved 26 August 2018.
- "LRT gagal beroperasi saat Asian Games Jakarta" (in Indonesian). Antara. 11 April 2018. Retrieved 26 August 2018.
- Manurung, M Yusuf (15 August 2018). "Kantongi Izin dari Kemenhub, Hari Ini LRT Uji Operasi". Tempo (in Indonesian). Retrieved 26 August 2018.