Jakarta LRT at Boulevard Utara station
|Owner||Government of Jakarta|
|Transit type||Light metro|
|Number of lines||1|
|Number of stations||6 (first phase)|
|Began operation||1 December 2019|
|Operator(s)||PT LRT Jakarta|
|Number of vehicles||Eight two-car trainsets|
|System length||5.8 km (3.6 mi) (first phase)|
107.7 km (66.9 mi) (total length)
|Track gauge||1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in)|
|Electrification||750V (DC) third rail|
|Top speed||60 km/h|
The Jakarta Light Rail Transit (Jakarta LRT) (Indonesian: Lintas Rel Terpadu Jakarta) is one of the light metro system in Jakarta, the capital city of Indonesia. It is being implemented by the Jakarta provincial government.Eight two-cars trainsets were procured. The first phase of the LRT, from Velodrome to Kelapa Gading began commercial operations on 1 December 2019.
The Jakarta light rail transit project aims to tackle Jakarta's high road traffic congestion. The rolling stock comes from Hyundai Rotem from South Korea. Each trainset consists of two cars and will be able to carry 270 to 278 passengers. There will be a total of 16 cars. Platform screen doors by ST Engineering Electronics will be installed at all stations.
A public trial run began on 11 June 2019 between Boulevard Utara and Velodrome stations, with free admission to registered ticket holders.
-  Phase 1 - Pegangsaan Dua - Velodrome, along 5.8 km
- Phase 2A - Pegangsaan Dua - Jakarta International Stadium, along 7.5 km
- Phase 2B - Velodrome - Manggarai
|Station Number||Station Name||Interchange/Notes|
|S-06||Velodrome||Terminus until the completion of Phase 2|
Construction of Route 1 started on 22 June 2016. The first six kilometers of the route connecting the Kelapa Gading Depot to Velodrome Station was 29.61% complete by 26 June 2017. It was expected to be operational before the 2018 Asian Games. However, this did not happen as construction is not yet finished and the Indonesia Asian Games Organizing Committee (INASGOC) considered that buses would be more effective in transporting the athletes.
The test run for the LRT was initially scheduled for 10 August, however was delayed to 15 August 2018. Phase 1 was planned to begin operation in February, 2019. After several delays, the line opened for free public trial run from July to late November 2019. Commercial operations began on 1 December 2019.
- Kemayoran - Kelapa Gading along 21.6 km
- Joglo - Tanah Abang along 11 km
- Puri Kembangan - Tanah Abang along 9.3 km
- Pesing - Kelapa Gading along 20.7 km
- Pesing - Soekarno-Hatta Airport along 18.5 km
- Cempaka Putih - Ancol along 10 km.
- Ramadhan, Ardito (14 April 2018). "Ini Spesifikasi Kereta LRT yang Tiba di Jakarta". KOMPAS.com (in Indonesian). Retrieved 2 November 2018.
- Fahd, Zacky (3 December 2017). "Eksklusif: Ini Dia Foto Sarana Kereta LRT Jakarta Kelapa Gading – Velodrome!". KAORI Nusantara (in Indonesian). Retrieved 2 November 2018.
- "Rencana LRT di Jakarta". Kompas (in Indonesian). Jakarta. 11 September 2015. Retrieved 21 September 2015.
- "https://en.tempo.co/read/1275107/lrt-jakarta-fare-to-be-valid-per-december-1". Tempo. Retrieved 22 November 2019. External link in
- Eka, Aditya (13 September 2018). "Laporan Perjalanan: Inilah Kesan Pertama Kereta LRT Jakarta - KAORI Nusantara". KAORI Nusantara (in Indonesian). Retrieved 2 November 2018.
- "LRT Jakarta starts free public trial on Tuesday". 10 June 2019.
- Media, Kompas Cyber (24 August 2018). "Kemenhub Lakukan Operasional Terbatas untuk LRT Kelapa Gading - Kompas.com". KOMPAS.com (in Indonesian). Retrieved 7 September 2018.
- "In August 2018, Kelapa Gading-Rawamangun LRT to Commence Operation".
- Wuragil, Zacharias (12 August 2018). "Duh, LRT Jakarta Akhirnya Gagal Ikut Asian Games". Tempo (in Indonesian). Retrieved 26 August 2018.
- "LRT gagal beroperasi saat Asian Games Jakarta" (in Indonesian). Antara. 11 April 2018. Retrieved 26 August 2018.
- Manurung, M Yusuf (15 August 2018). "Kantongi Izin dari Kemenhub, Hari Ini LRT Uji Operasi". Tempo (in Indonesian). Retrieved 26 August 2018.
- Kartika, Mimi (3 June 2019). "Peresmian LRT Jakarta Diundur, Ini Penjelasan Anies". Republika Online. Republika Online. Retrieved 3 June 2019.
- Agung Sandy Lesmana and Stephanus Aranditio (21 June 2019). "Skybridge Rampung, Stasiun LRT Velodrome Resmi Terintegrasi Halte Busway".