National Anthem of the Sakha Republic
||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (December 2011)|
|English: National Anthem of the Sakha Republic|
|Saka Öröspüübulükätïn örögöyün ırıata|
The Flag of the Sakha Republic
Regional anthem of Sakha Republic
|Lyrics||S.I. Tarasov, M.E. Timofeyev, 1993|
|Music||K.A. Gerasimov, 1993|
Саха Өрөспүүбүлүкэтин өрөгөйүн ырыата (transliterated: Saka Öröspüübulükätïn örögöyün ırıata) is the Sakha name for the National Anthem of the Sakha Republic. The Russian name is Государственный гимн Республики Саха (transliterated: Gosudarstvenny gimn Respubliki Sakha).
The anthem was originally written in the Sakha language by S. I. Tarasov and later translated into Russian by M. E. Timofeyev. The music was composed by K. A. Gerasimov.
Note on transliteration
- ı is [ɯ], it is most similar in pronunciation to the English sound u in ugh but closer; ï is English -ee- but shorter.
- ö and ü are pronounced the same as German ö and ü, ([ø] and [y] respectively).
- h is pronounced just like an English h but one should think it a variant of s as in Sakha. It can also be pronounced s occasionally.
- q can be realized either as an Arabic q or as a Mongolian h.
- ğ is gh in English ugh.
Якутия, ты светом зари
Привольно Лена наша течет,
Земля Саха, святыни твои
Yakutiya, ty svetom zari
Privol'no Lena nasha techyot,
Zemlya Sakha svyatyni tvoi
Unofficial English translation
Yakutia, thou art the light of the dawn!
To goodness and happiness thou callest us.
Thou shinest bright as a rainbow of diamond
And lead us on to future victory
- Shine and grow stronger, native land!
- Grow and exult, Yakutia!
- Thou art the beauty and pride of all Russia
- Thou art free, and liberal in thy gifts.
Freely our Lena flows
with living water to thy wide borders.
It carries harmony and strength.
It grants all peoples peace.
Land of Sakha, thy sacred places
From peaks of ages direct us.
We continue the journey of our ancestors
and with honour fulfil their mandate.
- Lyrics of the Anthem in Sakha
- Lyrics of the Anthem is Russian
- Sheet music for the anthem with Sakha lyrics