P. J. Sparxx
|P. J. Sparxx|
February 11, 1969
Denver, Colorado, USA
|Other names||P. J. Sparx, K.C. Kerrington, P.J. Kerrington, PeeJay, Porsche Red|
|Height||5 ft 5 in (1.65 m)|
|Weight||125 lb (57 kg)|
|No. of adult films|
Sparxx appeared in over 200 adult films in a career that neatly spanned the 1990s, debuting in 1990 and quietly retiring in 1999. A scene from Cellar Dwellers 2 in which she appeared with Jeanna Fine and Tricia Devereaux won the 1998 AVN Award for Best All-Girl Sex Scene. As of 2002, she is also a member of the AVN Hall of Fame. In the early 1990s Sparxx starred in three films by award-winning pornographic auteur director Andrew Blake—Hidden Obsessions (1992), Les Femmes Érotiques (1993) and Sensual Exposure (1993)—which are among her highest rated titles.
In an interview in the Playboy-produced documentary series Adult Stars Close Up: Sex Stars Tell All, Sparxx revealed that her stage name originated in two parts. "P.J." stood for "Pussy Juice". This originated from her first pre-career lesbian experience involving female ejaculation while performing cunnilingus, which Sparxx recounted having shocked her as she initially thought her partner was "going to the toilet" in Sparxx's face. The name "Sparxx" originated from the director of her first pornographic job telling her that "she had sparks flying from her". Sparxx was known for her beauty and natural breasts, which she significantly enlarged mid-career with implants.
Sparxx dated adult producer and founder of Wicked Pictures Steve Orenstein for six months in 1990. She also had an off-screen lesbian relationship with fellow colleague Jill Kelly in the mid-'90s. The pair would also tour together and dance on stage as part of a dance duo act called Fire & Ice. They released a pornographic feature film of the dance act called Fire & Ice: Caught In The Act. In the "Behind the Scenes" documentary series Sex Under Hot Lights, Sparxx and Kelly discussed their relationship, with Sparxx claiming that she and Kelly had similar sexual personalities. Kelly stated that Sparxx had supported her following her husband and fellow pornographic actor Cal Jammer's suicide in January 1995. Sparxx and Kelly claimed to be exclusively involved in terms of women, but were in an open relationship in regards to other men, with Kelly claiming she was also involved with a boyfriend at the time. Sparxx shares the same real-life last name (Brown) with fellow pornographic actor Peter North, with whom she shared a "brother-sister type" of relationship during their professional career.
- P.J. Sparxx at the Internet Adult Film Database
- Heath, Chris (September 1996), "Peter North", Details, no. 9
- "PJ Sparxx: Official Fan Club". pjsparxxonline.com. Retrieved 25 June 2016.
- "AVN Awards Past Winners". AVN.com. Retrieved 2017-01-10.
- "Highest Rated Titles With P.J. Sparxx". IMDB. Retrieved 2016-05-08.
- "P.J. Sparxx". Adult Stars Close Up: Sex Stars Tell All. Season 2. Episode 2. 2001.
- "PJ Sparxx Biography". PJ Sparxx Movie Fan Club. Retrieved 2016-05-08.
- "P.J. Sparxx". AVN. Retrieved 28 August 2015.
- Petkovich, Anthony (2002). X Factory, The: Inside the American Hardcore Film Industry (2nd Ed.). USA: Critical Vision. ISBN 1900486245.
- "The Couples". Sex Under Hot Lights. Season 1. Episode 4. 1995.
- P. J. Sparxx at the Internet Movie Database
- P. J. Sparxx at the Internet Adult Film Database
- P. J. Sparxx at the Adult Film Database
- P. J. Sparxx at Myspace
|This article about a pornographic actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|