This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Place of origin||Indian Subcontinent|
|Region or state||North India|
|Main ingredients||Spinach, paneer, onions chopped|
Palak paneer (pronounced [paːlək pəniːɾ]) is a vegetarian dish, consisting of paneer (a type of cottage cheese) in a thick paste made from puréed spinach, called palak in Hindi, Marathi, Gujarati, and other Indian languages.  
The terms palak paneer and saag paneer are sometimes used interchangeably in restaurants in the United States and Canada. However, saag paneer is different from traditional palak paneer in that it contains other green leafy vegetables, such as mustard greens, whereas palak paneer only contains spinach.   Dhaba restaurants often specialize in palak paneer.
Palak paneer is prepared by first boiling and pureeing spinach. The puree is then mixed with sauted tomatoes and onions. Grilled cubes of paneer are then added to the puree. Palak paneer is typically spiced with ginger, garlic, tomatoes, garam masala, turmeric, chili powder and cumin. 
In recent years, there have been fusion variations of palak paneer. In July 2020, a Bangalore-based food blogger posted her variation of palak paneer idli. The dish sparked conversation on Twitter and Instagram about the unusual combination of these two North and South Indian dishes.  In September 2020, Vietnam-based Pizza 4P's created unique fusion pizzas in honor of the International Day of Peace. One of these variations was a palak paneer-chapli kebab pizza to symbolize peace between India and Pakistan.
- Pastime, Palatable. "PALAK PANEER (INDIAN FRESH SPINACH WITH PANEER CHEESE)".
- "spinach - Meaning in hindi - Shabdkosh". www.shabdkosh.com. Retrieved 13 October 2020.
- "spinach - Meaning in marathi - Shabdkosh". www.shabdkosh.com. Retrieved 13 October 2020.
- "spinach - Meaning in gujarati - Shabdkosh". www.shabdkosh.com. Retrieved 13 October 2020.
- amit, dassana (22 May 2013). "palak paneer recipe, how to make palak paneer | best palak paneer recipe". Veg Recipes of India. Retrieved 2 November 2018.
- LeVaux, Ari (15 May 2020). "Summer blend: Mix up some spinach, spices for palak paneer". The Palm Beach Post.
- "Palak Paneer | Easy Palak Paneer Recipe » Dassana's Veg Recipes". Dassana's Veg Recipes. 22 May 2013. Retrieved 13 October 2020.
- "Palak Paneer Recipe | How to Make Palak Paneer | Palak Paneer". NDTV Food. Retrieved 13 October 2020.
- Pitre, Urvashi (19 September 2017). Indian Instant Pot® Cookbook: Traditional Indian Dishes Made Easy and Fast. Rockridge Press. p. 88. ISBN 978-1939754547.
- "'Palak Paneer Idli' is a North-South Fusion Dish that Twitter Doesn't Want to Have". News18. Retrieved 14 October 2020.
- "There's now a palak paneer idli that has sparked a debate on social media". The Indian Express. 30 July 2020. Retrieved 14 October 2020.
- Singh, Ritu (22 September 2020). "Vietnamese Restaurant Introduces India-Pakistan 'Peace Pizza', Twitter Is Not Impressed". India.com. Retrieved 14 October 2020.
- Agarwal, Akanksha (21 September 2020). "People React To Indo-Pak 'Peace Pizzas' With Delhi's Palak Paneer & Karachi's Chapli Kebab". Storypick. Retrieved 14 October 2020.