Southeast University (Bangladesh)
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- This is about the university in Bangladesh. For the university in China, see Southeast University.
- For other universities with a similar name, see Southeast University (disambiguation).
|Motto||"Making the Leaders for tomorrow and creating the valued personality for the nation"|
|Chancellor||President Abdul Hamid|
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof. Dr. ANM Meshquat Uddin|
Southeast University (Bengali: সাউথ ইস্ট বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়) or SEU is a private university in Banani, Dhaka, Bangladesh. It is one of the reputed university in Bangladesh.The University was established under the Private University Act, 1992 approved by the Government of the People's Republic of Bangladesh. Its permanent campus is in 251/A & 252, Tejgaon Industrial Area, Dhaka-1208, Bangladesh.
History and administration
Southeast University (SEU) was established in June 2002 as a private university under the Private University Act 1992. The president of Bangladesh is the chancellor. The university is run by a number of statutory bodies as required under the provisions of the Private University Act, 1992.
Southeast University offers the following undergraduate and post graduate programs and diploma courses:
- School of Science
- Bachelor of Science in Architecture
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science & Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Electronic and Electrical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Textile Engineering
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- MSc in Medical & Radiation Physics
- School of Business Studies
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Master of Business Administration (Regular)
- Master of Business Administration (Executive)
- Master of Business Administration (only for BBA students)
- School of Arts and Social Science
- 1 year Master of Laws: 1 year LL.M
- 2 year Master of Laws: 2 year LL.M
- 4 year Bachelor of Laws: LL.B (Hons)
- 2 year Bachelor of Laws: LL.B (Pass)
- Bachelor of English (Hons)
- Bachelor of Arts in Islamic Studies
- Master of Arts in Islamic Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in Bangla Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics
- Master of Development Studies
- Diploma courses
- Diploma in Communicative English
- Postgraduate Diploma in World Trade Organization
Southeast University is linked with journal publishers through an international organisation named INASP/PERii. Bangladesh Academy of Sciences (BAS) is acting as the coordinating body. This facility is IP based and work only within SEU campus. The SEU library offers regular services such as circulation, reference, counseling, indexing, bibliographical documentation, back up services, retrospective searches etc.
Southeast University has a library equipped with books on the academic programs offered as well as on research and extracurricular activities. The total collection of books and journals at is about 15000. The space area of the library is 6,500 square feet (600 m2). It is a central library of the university rendering services to the students and faculty.
Letter grades indicating the quality of course work completed are interpreted as follows.
|Class Intervals of Scores||Letter Grade||Grade Points|
|80 – 100||A+||4.00|
|75 - 79||A||3.75|
|70 – 74||A-||3.50|
|65 – 69||B+||3.25|
|60 – 64||B||3.00|
|55 - 59||B-||2.75|
|50 – 54||C+||2.50|
|45 – 49||C||2.25|
|40 – 44||D||2.00|
|Less than 40||F||0.00|
- "The Vice Chancellor Office". Southeast University.
- Introduction. "Number of SEU student". Retrieved 2007-01-17.
- "Grading System at SEU".