|Broadcast area||Frankfort area and Lexington Metro Area|
|Branding||Passport Radio 93.5 & 103.7|
|Slogan||It's a Trip|
|First air date||April 15, 1991(as WKED-FM)|
|HAAT||109 meters (358 ft)|
|Former callsigns||WKED-FM (1991–2008)|
|Owner||Cap City Communications |
(Southern Belle, LLC)
|Sister stations||WFKY, WKYW, WVKY|
WFRT-FM (103.7 FM) is a radio station broadcasting a classic hits format. Licensed to Frankfort, Kentucky, United States, it primarily serves the Frankfort area (between Shelbyville and Lexington), but can be heard in most of Lexington (Fayette County). The station is owned by Cap City Communications.
The station was assigned the call sign WKED-FM on February 1, 1991; it signed on April 15, 1991. On April 1, 2008, the station changed its call sign to WSTV-FM when Clear Channel sold their Frankfort stations to Forever Communications. The station relaunched on June 9, 2008 with a hot adult contemporary format.
On March 25, 2018, the station changed its call sign to WFRT-FM. On March 28, 2019, WFRT-FM changed its format from adult contemporary to a simulcast of classic hits-formatted WKYW (1490 AM), branded as "Passport Radio".
- "WFRT-FM Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "WFRT-FM Call Sign History". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- Broadcasting & Cable Yearbook 2009 (PDF). 2009. p. D-237. Retrieved March 28, 2019.
- WSTV Stamps Its Passport to Classic Hits Radioinsight - March 28, 2019
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WFRT
- Radio-Locator information on WFRT
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WFRT
|This article about a radio station in Kentucky is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|