Yaskawa Electric Corporation
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (February 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Traded as||TYO: 6506
Nikkei 225 Component
|Founded||July 16, 1915|
|Headquarters||2-1 Kurosakishiroishi, Yahatanishi-ku, Kitakyushu 806-0004 Japan|
|Junji Tsuda, (CEO, President and Chairman of the Board)|
|Revenue||US$ 3.52 billion) (FY 2013)|
JPY 16.96 billion (FY 2013)(US$ 161.1 million) (FY 2013)
Number of employees
3,284 (temporary) (as of March 20, 2013)
|Footnotes / references
The Yaskawa Electric Corporation (株式会社安川電機 Kabushiki-gaisha Yasukawa Denki) is a Japanese manufacturer of servos, motion controllers, AC motor drives, switches and industrial robots. Their Motoman robots are heavy duty industrial robots used in welding, packaging, assembly, coating, cutting, material handling and general automation.
The company was founded in 1915, and its head office is located in Kitakyushu, Fukuoka Prefecture. Yaskawa applied for a trademark on the term "Mechatronics" in 1969, it was approved in 1972. The head-office, in Kitakyushu, was designed by the American architect Antonin Raymond in 1954.
Business segments and products
- Motion Control
- Servo motors
- Machine controllers
- AC drives
- Industrial robots for various industrial processes
- System Engineering used in:
- Steel plants
- Social systems (water circulation, energy conservation, disaster prevention, mega-solar systems, hybrid electrical generation systems and energy management systems)
- Environment & energy (power generation equipment)
- Electrical power (electric power distribution equipment)
- Industrial electronics
- Information Technology
- in the Americas: Yaskawa America, Inc., Yaskawa Canada Inc., Yaskawa Electrico do Brasil Ltda., Solectria Renewables LLC
- in Europe, Africa, Middle-East: Yaskawa Europe GmbH, Yaskawa Nordic AB, Yaskawa Southern Africa (Pty) Ltd, VIPA
- in Asia-Pacific: Yaskawa India Pvt Ltd., Yaskawa Electric (China) Co., Ltd., Yaskawa Electric Korea Corporation, Yaskawa Electric Taiwan Corporation
- "Corporate Data". Yaskawa Electric. Retrieved April 9, 2014.
- "Operating Results". Yaskawa Electric. Retrieved April 29, 2015.
- "Annual Report 2013" (PDF). Yaskawa Electric. Retrieved April 9, 2014.
- "Company Profile". Reuters. Retrieved April 9, 2014.
- "Robotics.com Company Profile".
- "Company History". Retrieved April 9, 2014.
- Yaskawa introduction booklet, 2012
- "Components:Nikkei Stock Average". Nikkei Inc. Retrieved April 9, 2014.
- "Products and Services". Retrieved April 10, 2014.
- "Company Snapshot". Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved April 10, 2014.
- http://www.themiddlemarket.com/news/manufacturing/yaskawa-scoops-up-solectria-renewables-251171-1.html Yaskawa Deal
- "Global Network". Retrieved April 9, 2014.
- Official global website (in English)
- Yaskawa America, Inc. - Drives & Motion Division
- Yaskawa Europe GmbH
- Yaskawa India Pvt Ltd
- Yaskawa Viet Nam,Inc
|This article about a Japanese corporation– or company–related topic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This technology article about a corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|