|Elevation||738 ft (225 m)|
|Area||10.44 sq mi (27 km2)|
|- land||10.36 sq mi (27 km2)|
|- water||0.08 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Density||675.1 / sq mi (261 / km2)|
|Village President||David Krienke|
|- summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|Wikimedia Commons: Roscoe, Illinois|
Roscoe is a village in Winnebago County, Illinois, a suburb of Rockford incorporated in 1965. The village is in a suburban area along the Rock River. It is part of the Rockford, Illinois Metropolitan Statistical Area. As of the 2010 census, the village population was 10,785, up from 6,244 at the 2000 census. The area has been undergoing a period of rapid growth. There have been numerous border disputes with its neighbor to the west, Rockton, Illinois and development and annexations continue by both villages. Recent growth has included the Promontory Ridge and Hidden Creek custom home subdivisions east of the Illinois Tollway, I-39/I-90.
According to the 2010 census, Roscoe is located at  The village has a total area of 10.44 square miles (27.0 km2), of which 10.36 square miles (26.8 km2) (or 99.23%) is land and 0.08 square miles (0.21 km2) (or 0.77%) is water.(42.414841, -89.010470).
As of the census of 2000, there were 6,244 people including 2,211 households and 1,740 families residing in the village. The population density was 675.1 people per square mile (260.6/km²). There were 2,277 housing units at an average density of 246.2 per square mile (95.0/km²). The racial makeup of the village was 95.26% White, 1.91% African American, 0.22% Native American, 0.82% Asian, 0.02% Pacific Islander, 0.74% from other races, and 1.04% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 2.50% of the population.
Of the 2,211 households, 44.5% had children under the age of 18, 67.4% were married couples living together, 7.1% had a female householder with no husband present, and 21.3% were non-families. 16.5% of all households were made up of individuals and 4.3% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.82 members and the average family size was 3.19 members.
In the village the population was spread out with 31.7% under the age of 18, 6.5% from 18 to 24, 35.6% from 25 to 44, 19.6% from 45 to 64, and 6.7% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 33 years. For every 100 females there were 99.1 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 99.3 males.
The median income for a household in the village was $59,267, and the median income for a family was $61,515. Males had a median income of $48,356 versus $30,060 for females. The per capita income for the village was $25,324. About 1.7% of families and 2.9% of the population were below the poverty line, including 2.1% of those under age 18 and none of those age 65 or over.
David Krienke is the Village President since his election in April 2007 for a four-year term. He is a former trustee of the Village and also served on board of Winnebago County, Illinois.
The four public schools in Roscoe are part of the Kinnikinnick School District. These are Ledgewood School (grades PreK-1), Stone Creek School (grades 2-3), Kinnikinnick School (grades 4-5), and Roscoe Middle School (grades 6-8) . There is no public high school in the village, so high school students attending a public school must attend Hononegah High School in neighboring Rockton, Illinois, or Harlem High School, in Machesney Park, IL. The school district is involved in a court action to use eminent domain to acquire land in Roscoe for a high school. Roscoe Middle School is the largest feeder school for Hononegah High School. The Prairie Hill Community Consolidated School District #133 also serves parts of Roscoe's north east area . Parts of the southern areas are served by Harlem School District 122 . Rockford School District 205 serves the SE section of the village.
- John Q. Briggs, Minnesota state senator, was born in Roscoe.
- Nicole Manske, sports reporter and Miss Illinois Teen USA (1998), co-host of The Speed Report; native of Roscoe
- Danica Patrick, driver, only woman to win in the IndyCar Series; grew up in Roscoe.
- The original tombstone of Lee Harvey Oswald, assassin of John F Kennedy is located in the automobile museum in Rosco. The future location of the grave marker, which was stolen from Oswald's grave is in question. The Oswald family, the original owners, charges the person who sold the stone to the museum was not authorised by the rightful owners to sell the stone, It was sold for a little less than $10,000 to the museum.
- "Village of Roscoe History". Village of Roscoe. Retrieved 10 January 2011.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "2010 Census U.S. Gazetteer Files for Places – Illinois". United States Census. Retrieved 2012-10-13.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Roscoe, Illinois.|
- Midwest Government Info
- Roscoe Online
- Roscoe Area Chamber Of Commerce
- StatelineInfo.com - Roscoe Business & Government Listings