|Motto: Where Community Matters!|
|Nickname: Stone City|
|Elevation||617 ft (188 m)|
|Area||18.76 sq mi (49 km2)|
|- land||18.44 sq mi (48 km2)|
|- water||0.32 sq mi (1 km2)|
|Density||2,151.82 / sq mi (831 / km2)|
|Village President||John Noak|
|- summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|Postal code||60446, 60491|
|Area code||815/779 and 630/331|
|Wikimedia Commons: Romeoville, Illinois|
Romeoville is a village in Will County, Illinois, United States. The population was 39,680 at the 2010 census. It is located in the southwest suburban area of Chicago near the newly constructed I-355 extension south from the Stevenson Expressway (I-55) to I-80. The Santa Fe Railway formerly operated a station at Romeoville Station.
Romeoville is located at (41.640480, -88.102907).
According to the 2010 census, the village has a total area of 18.76 square miles (48.6 km2), of which 18.44 square miles (47.8 km2) (or 98.29%) is land and 0.32 square miles (0.83 km2) (or 1.71%) is water.
As of the census of 2000, there were 21,153 people, 6,764 households, and 5,384 families residing in the village. The population density was 1,457.4 people per square mile (562.9/km²). There were 7,379 housing units at an average density of 508.4 per square mile (196.4/km²). The racial makeup of the village was 60% White, 5.38% African American, 0.39% Native American. Asian, 0 Pacific Islander, 4.91% from other races, and 2.36% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 37.15% of the population.
There were 6,764 households out of which 43.0% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 64.8% were married couples living together, 10.1% had a female householder with no husband present, and 20.4% were non-families. 15.1% of all households were made up of individuals and 2.7% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.99 and the average family size was 3.35.
In the village the population was spread out with 28.6% under the age of 18, 11.8% from 18 to 24, 37.7% from 25 to 44, 16.2% from 45 to 64, and 5.7% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 30 years. For every 100 females there were 101.6 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 99.3 males.
The median income for a household in the village was $60,738, and the median income for a family was $63,320. Males had a median income of $41,267 versus $29,724 for females. The per capita income for the village was $21,221. About 1.1% of families and 1.9% of the population were below the poverty line, including 2.5% of those under age 18 and 3.3% of those age 65 or over.
Romeoville residents attend school in the following districts
- Valley View School District
- Plainfield Community Consolidated School District 202
- Romeoville High School
- Lockport Township High School
- St. Andrew School, where all students receive a quality education, in a Christian environment, surrounded by caring people. Grades K - 8 with a full-day program Early Learning Center for 3 and 4 year-old children. Visit www.andrewcc.org to enroll today!
Christian School: Romeoville Christian Academy serving PK3-12th grades. Romeoville Christian was founded in 1974 and has served hundreds of students over the last forty years. RCA is a member of the American Association of Christian Schools. It offers computer classes, foreign languages, and a full sports and fine arts program.
- Gerald Coleman, goaltender with the Lake Erie Monsters and Tampa Bay Lightning
- Oliver Gibson, DT with the Pittsburgh Steelers and Cincinnati Bengals
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "2010 Census U.S. Gazetteer Files for Places – Illinois". United States Census. Retrieved 2012-10-13.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.