Tomato soup with basil
|Hot or cold|
|Recipes at Wikibooks:|
|Media at Wikimedia Commons:|
Tomato soup is a soup made with tomatoes as the primary ingredient. It may be served hot or cold in a bowl, and may be made in a variety of ways.  It may be smooth in texture, and there are also recipes which include chunks (or small pieces) of tomato, cream and chicken/vegetable stock. Popular toppings for tomato soup include sour cream or croutons. Tomato soup is one of the top comfort foods in Poland and the United States. It can be made fresh by blanching tomatoes, removing the skins, then blending into a puree.
Commercially prepared tomato is available in a variety of forms, including canned, condensed and in dehydrated powder form. "Tomato" ranks among the top three flavors of soup produced by the Campbell Soup Company.
Gazpacho is a tomato soup of Spanish origin, served cold. It originates in the region of Andalucía in southern Spain. Gazpacho is widely consumed in Spanish cuisine, as well as in neighboring Portugal, where it is known as gaspacho. Gazpacho is mostly consumed during the summer months, due to its refreshing qualities and cold serving temperature.
- Herbig, Paul A. (1998). Handbook of Cross-Cultural Marketing. Binghamton, NY: International Business Press. p. 45. ISBN 978-0789001542. "Irish and Italians prefer creamy tomato soup, Germans want rice, and Columbians want spice."
- "Always home-made, tomato soup is one of the first things a Polish cook learns to prepare." [in:] Marc E. Heine. Poland. 1987; "tradycyjny obiad kuchni polskiej, składający się z zupy pomidorowej z makaronem, kotleta schabowego, ziemniaków, mizeri z ogórków i kompotu." [in:] Etnografia polska. PAN. t. 48-49, 2004
- About.com. "Top 25 Comfort Foods and Recipes". Retrieved 18 November 2012.
- "Our Company". CSC Brands. Retrieved 2 November 2012.
- Tonucci, Linda H. (et al.) (March 1995). "Carotenoid Content of Thermally Processed Tomato-Based Food Products". 43 (3). Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. pp. 579–586. Retrieved August 30, 2012.
- Bittman, Mark (2007). "How to Cook Everything Vegetarian: Simple Meatless Recipes for Great Food". pp. 113–114. Retrieved August 31, 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tomato soup.|
- Several recipes for tomato soup
- Heart-healthy tomato soup recipe
- Rassam - Indian tomato Soup from Andhra Pradesh
|This soup-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|