Aaron Ago Dagang
Aaron Ago Dagang
|Member of the Malaysian Parliament|
|Assumed office |
|Preceded by||Leo Moggie Irok (PBDS—BN)|
Aaron Ago anak Dagang
12 December 1958
Crown Colony of Sarawak (now Sarawak, Malaysia)
|Political party||Sarawak People's Party (PRS)|
|Barisan Nasional (BN)|
Sarawak Parties Alliance (GPS)
Datuk Aaron Ago anak Dagang (born 12 December 1958) is a Malaysian politician. He is the Member of Parliament of Malaysia for the Kanowit constituency in Sarawak, representing the Sarawak People's Party (PRS) in the federal opposition but state governing Sarawak Parties Alliance coalition.
Before entering federal Parliament, Dagang was political secretary to then Minister for Energy, Communications and Multimedia, Leo Moggie Irok. Dagang then replaced Moggie in the Kanowit seat when the latter stepped down for the 2004 general election. After the election, Dagang's Sarawak Native People's Party was de-registered, and he joined the Sarawak Progressive Democratic Party and later the PRS. He retained the Kanowit seat in the 2008 election unopposed.
|2004||Aaron Ago Dagang (PBDS)||6,438||58%||Frederick Bunsu Janton (IND)||4,381||40%|
|2008||Aaron Ago Dagang (PRS)||–||–||Unopposed||–||–|
|2013||Aaron Ago Dagang (PRS)||8,046||60%||Thomas Laja Besi (PKR)||5,004||37%|
|2018||Aaron Ago Dagang (PRS)||9,552||65%||Satu Anchom (PKR)||5,240||35%|
Honours of Malaysia
- "Ago Anak Dagang, Y.B. Tuan" (in Malay). Parliament of Malaysia. Retrieved 7 June 2010.
- "'Don't quit as federal minister' appeal to Moggie". New Straits Times. New Straits Times Press. 7 December 2003. Retrieved 7 June 2010.
- "Moggie confirms he will not seek re-election". New Straits Times. New Straits Times Press. 9 March 2004. Archived from the original on 4 November 2012. Retrieved 20 April 2010.
- "Masing Maintains Kanowit Parliamentary Seat Belongs To PRS". Berita Wilayah Sarawak. Bernama. 9 October 2007. Archived from the original on 22 June 2011. Retrieved 7 June 2010.
- "SPDP Has No Intention To Rival Other BN Component Parties – Mawan". Berita Wilayah Sarawak. Bernama. 12 November 2006. Archived from the original on 22 June 2011. Retrieved 7 June 2010.
- "PRS MPs pledge support to Abdullah". The Star. Star Publications (Malaysia). 22 March 2008. Archived from the original on 22 June 2011. Retrieved 7 June 2010.
- Jackson, Caroline (27 February 2008). "Five BN Wins, An Early Sign Tipping The Sarawak BN Scale". Berita Wilayah Sarawak. Bernama. Archived from the original on 22 June 2011. Retrieved 7 June 2010.
- "Keputusan Pilihan Raya Umum Parlimen/Dewan Undangan Negeri". Election Commission of Malaysia. Archived from the original on 6 September 2011. Retrieved 21 November 2014. Percentage figures based on total turnout.
- "Semakan Penerima Darjah Kebesaran, Bintang dan Pingat".
- "King Presents Awards To 39 People at Investiture". BERNAMA. 5 June 2010. Retrieved 7 June 2010.