|2020–||Deputy Minister of Plantation Industries and Commodities|
|Faction represented in Dewan Rakyat|
|2020||Malaysian United Indigenous Party|
Willie Anak Mongin
|Political party||People's Justice Party (2009–2020) |
Malaysian United Indigenous Party (since 2020)
|Pakatan Rakyat (2009–2015)|
Pakatan Harapan (2015–2020)
Perikatan Nasional (since 2020)
|Profession||Software engineer |
Datuk Willie anak Mongin is a Malaysian politician who has served as the Deputy Minister of Plantation Industries and Commodities II for the second term in the Barisan Nasional (BN) administration under Prime Minister Ismail Sabri Yaakob and Minister Zuraida Kamaruddin since August 2021. He served his first term in the Perikatan Nasional (PN) administration under former Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin and former Minister Khairuddin Razali from March 2020 to August 2021 and Member of Parliament (MP) for Puncak Borneo since May 2018. He is a member of the Malaysian United Indigenous Party (BERSATU), a component party of the PN coalition and was a member of the People's Justice Party (PKR), a component party of the Pakatan Harapan (PH) coalition.
1998 political movement
In the September 1998, Willie joined a political movement called the Social Justice Movement (Malay: Pergerakan Keadilan Sosial) (ADIL) as Volunteer and Reformist, he joined the movement because he was sympathised with Anwar Ibrahim. Willie only agreed to officially joined PKR in 2009 after being persuaded by few top party leaders.
2011 Sarawak state election
2013 general election
2016 Sarawak state election
2018 general election
In the 2018 election, his party of PKR field him to contest the Puncak Borneo parliamentary seat again, defeating the incumbent candidate Genot Sinel (giving PBB its first defeat in a parliament seat since 1974).
In 2018, during the debate on the motion to introduce the Sales and Services Tax (SST), Bung Moktar Radin was recounting the price of goods at markets and Willie uttered ‘Is it not casino, Kinabatangan?’ that was referring to recent photographs that went viral online, purportedly showing a person resembling Bung Moktar sitting at a table in a casino.
Bung Moktar then pointed his finger at Willie and accused Willie of being rude, demanding the statement be retracted and directed his anger at Willie and subsequently shouted "F*ck You".
On 1 December 2020, Willie, a Deputy Minister for the PN government was seen showing the middle finger twice to the Opposition.
|2013||Mambong||Willie Mongin (PKR)||10,740||33.66%||James Dawos Mamit (PBB)||20,461||64.13%||32,695||9,721||77.21%|
|Dripin Sakoi (STAR)||704||2.21%|
|2018||Puncak Borneo||Willie Mongin (PKR)||18,865||54.65%||Genot Sinel (PBB)||14,860||43.05%||35,142||4,005||76.10%|
|Buln Patrick Ribos (STAR)||795||2.30%|
|2011||Bengoh||Willie Mongin (PKR)||4,447||30.72%||Jerip Susil (SUPP)||8,093||55.91%||14,830||3,646||67.55%|
|Wejok Tomik (IND)||1,007||6.96%|
|Richard @ Peter Margaret (SNAP)||928||6.41%|
|2016||Mambong||Willie Mongin (PKR)||2,645||22.74%||Jerip Susil (PSB)||6,161||52.96%||11,904||3,333||68.15%|
|Sanjan Daik (DAP)||2,828||24.31%|
- Federal Territory (Malaysia) :
- "Keputusan Pilihan Raya Umum Parlimen/Dewan Undangan Negeri". Election Commission of Malaysia. Retrieved 26 May 2018. Percentage figures based on total turnout (including votes for candidates not listed).
- "Don't call me Yang Berhormat, says Puncak Borneo winner – Metro News – The Star Online". www.thestar.com.my.
- "F*** you, shouts Bung Moktar in Parliament [NSTTV] | New Straits Times". 7 August 2018.
- Ibrahim, Mohd Iskandar; Sulaiman, Noor Atiqah (1 February 2021). "Seramai 335 terima darjah kebesaran sempena Hari Wilayah". Berita Harian (in Malay). Retrieved 1 February 2021.
- Hadir, Shawaliah (1 February 2021). "Tengku Zafrul antara 6 penerima Darjah Kebesaran Pangkat Pertama sempena Hari WP". MalaysiaGazette (in Malay). Retrieved 1 February 2021.