Gudivada Municipality Office
|Yelavarthi Srinivasa Rao|
Gudivada Municipality is the local self government in Gudivada of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. It is classified as a special grade municipality, spread over an area of 12.67 km2 (4.89 sq mi) with 36 election wards.
The municipality was constituted in the year 1927.
The municipality consists of a chairperson and its wards committee. YSR Congress Party won the Gudivada municipal elections in 2014. Yalavarthi Srinivas is the present chairman of the municipality and the vice-chairman is Adapa Venkata Ramana. The present municipal commissioner is M.Seshagiri.
Civic infrastructure and services
The city residents rely on hand pumps and motors for water. The shortage of water made the municipality to take certain measures like, providing new pipelines, construction of two summer storage tanks with a capacity of 1,686 million litres and 634 million litres etc. The municipality provides 87 litres of water per head everyday. The other works such as, sewage, internal drainage system and road margins are also taken by the authorities.
Awards and achievements
The city is one among the 31 cities in the state to be a part of water supply and sewerage services mission known as Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT). In 2015, as per the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan of the Ministry of Urban Development, Gudivada Municipality was ranked 450th in the country.
- "Municipalities, Municipal Corporations & UDAs" (PDF). Directorate of Town and Country Planning. Government of Andhra Pradesh. Archived from the original (PDF) on 28 January 2016. Retrieved 29 January 2016.
- "The Constitution (Seventy-Fourth Amendment) Act, 1992". India Code. Ministry of Law and Justice, Legislative Department. Retrieved 28 March 2016.
- "YSR Congress Claims Three Civic Chief Posts in Krishna". The New Indian Express. Machilipatnam. 4 July 2014. Retrieved 28 March 2016.
- "Contact Details of Commissioners and Mayors of Amrut Cities" (PDF). Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation. Government of India. Retrieved 28 March 2016.
- Venkataramana Rao, G (8 January 2012). "Drinking water not potable in Gudivada". The Hindu. Gudivada. Retrieved 28 March 2016.
- Venkataramana Rao, G (31 January 2012). "Gudivada needs proper drainage system". The Hindu. Gudivada. Retrieved 28 March 2016.
- "Rajendranagar Park cries for attention". Gudivada. 13 January 2012. Retrieved 14 March 2016.
- Vadlapatla, Sribala (11 August 2015). "Amaravati among 31 AP cities selected for Amruth development". The Times of India. Hyderabad. Retrieved 18 December 2015.
- Sandeep Kumar, S (10 August 2015). "Small towns fare better in Swachh Bharat rankings". The Hindu. Vijayawada. Retrieved 30 March 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Gudivada.|